The Student Room Group

How to get an A in English?

I always get between grade 6-4 and around 4 times I have gotten a grade 7, but I don't know how to actually get a grade 7 overall, am predicted a B and am confident to get an A. Any tips?
Reading newspapers is good for creative tasks. It gives you an understanding of how to expand on certain ideas, and back them up.
Yo! I struggled with English originally, I was getting B/Cs, but was fortunate enough to come through and get an A* at the end of the day! I found a way to revise that works for me, so I made a video on it, so check it out and it might help:
https://youtu.be/5cSyAR9bXAw
Let me know what you think!
Reply 3
English what? Language or literature?

For Literature, memorize a lot of quotes(that are actually useful), learn 2-3 poems quite well.

For language its a bit harder, there is no way to revsie per se apart from practice, and not everyone finds the past papers useful as its new content each time. Being able to spot literary and linguistic technique goes a long way but thats about it.

Good luck, 7-8 days till our first lit exam :P you do have a little bit of time
Thanks, but I think it's with literature, developing my points in depth and as for language I get 5. Literature is 6.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending