Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any Flautists out there?! Just interested, what are you playing atm? Done any grades?

ReputationRep:
    Mozart quote for the day: "There is only one thing worse than a flautist, and that's a whole section of them"

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Mozart quote for the day: "There is only one thing worse than a flautist, and that's a whole section of them"

MB
    Seems quite bizarre coming from Mozart... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    Seems quite bizarre coming from Mozart... :confused:
    I read it in some book - can't remember where. I'll dig it out sometime but I don't think he liked the flute that much, well certainly not compared to the clarinet anyway.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I read it in some book - can't remember where. I'll dig it out sometime but I don't think he liked the flute that much, well certainly not compared to the clarinet anyway.

MB
    I thought that quote was referring to one clarinet and two clarinets. Wrong??

I read it in some tiny book called "quotes for music lover". Exactly one square inch in size, tiny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    I thought that quote was referring to one clarinet and two clarinets. Wrong??

I read it in some tiny book called "quotes for music lover". Exactly one square inch in size, tiny.
    Yeh, i have that book aswell. Some quite obscure quotes in there.

Seriously, no UKL flautists, can not be true!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a flautist!!!
    doing gd 8 at xmas

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, have any of you just recently done a grade. I did one sometime like June 29th, and they said i would get the grade result in 1-2 weeks! It's been over a month now, and i still haven't got the result? :confused:
    I did grade 5, but i've never done one before, just got put straight in for it, which is bizarre.Does anyone know how long they take to come through?

Thanks for any help G.k

ReputationRep:
    I got my results for an exam i did in mid july a couple of weeks back but it varies i think

ReputationRep:
    Results usually take over a month to come through. Especially if you took your exam through your school. How do you think you did in your exam?

ReputationRep:
    I play the flute! I have done grade six. Not playing much at the moment though - I am concentrating more on the piano.

ReputationRep:

MB
    So much for 'The Magic Flute'! Sniff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musical_shoes)
    Any Flautists out there?! Just interested, what are you playing atm? Done any grades?
    i play the flute!!!!
    i love my flute to bits. i just took my grade six....mucked up the sight reading a bit though. the key sig was 5 flats! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I play the flute. Did grade 5 aaages ago. Never got round to doing any more exams Might be a bit cheesy but I love Faure's music. And I like playing jazz too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I play the flute. Did grade 5 aaages ago. Never got round to doing any more exams Might be a bit cheesy but I love Faure's music. And I like playing jazz too.
    i did Faure's Sicilliene for my grade 5 piece. it is such a nice and floaty piece of music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    So much for 'The Magic Flute'! Sniff...
    At the risk of sounding a proper geek! i play the flute and also went to see the magic flute at Glyndebourne
    (amazing world famous opera house if you havnt heard of it!)

also saw Carmen and rodelina all so good but Carmen by far the best made me cry! xPx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i did Faure's Sicilliene for my grade 5 piece. it is such a nice and floaty piece of music
    Me 2! got full marks! and did well on my other 2pieces. but then failed my sight reading and scales but passed aural well! so in the end i managed to pass with 9 marks to spare lol!

I HATE SCALES! n my flutes broken need to get it fixed b4 uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pippa)
    Me 2! got full marks! and did well on my other 2pieces. but then failed my sight reading and scales but passed aural well! so in the end i managed to pass with 9 marks to spare lol!

I HATE SCALES! n my flutes broken need to get it fixed b4 uni!
    hehe, my F sharp wasnt working, but i got it fixed. i got 29 for Sicilliene...apparently i broke a phrase :rolleyes:
    i ot distinction overall though, mainly because i got full marks in my scales. i love scales
    (except C sharp minor slurred)

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.