ReadilySalted
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
We all now know that the whole GCSE spectrum has changed and the current Year 10's have started the course for the new changes. I am in Year 10 and as soon as I found out that our year will have a complete change in the GCSE's, I had a mental breakdown! I feel as though I have wasted 3 years and finding out this year that we have to change the way we are learning now! Anyways, there are lots of downsides about this but just because they changed the GCSE's doesn't mean there aren't any bright sides! THERE ARE LOADS! Let us together as a year in the nation not let these changes affect our education, lets work together!!!

Now I made this thread to let us all discuss what we think and give each other helpful tips, maybe you could tell us what subject your are taking, share out revision notes, what your aspirations are and maybe tell us all a little about yourself!

Well, I'm taking 9 GCSE's (Would love to take more but school didn't let ). I am taking all of my exams in Summer 2018 and these are what I'm taking and my predicted grades (Beware: The predicted grades you see are REALLY REALLY BAD!):

English Language- AQA: Predicted 6
English Literature- AQA: Predicted 6
Mathematics- Edexcel: Predicted 6
Spanish- AQA: Predicted 6
Geography-AQA: Predicted 6
Religious Education-AQA: Predicted 6
Chemistry- Edexcel: Predicted 6
Biology- Edexcel: Predicted 6
Physics- Edexcel: Predicted 6

Tell me what subjects your taking and what grades you are predicted to get!
(I hope this thread starts off well!! )
Reversed Flash
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally I feel there is no need to create a "2018 GCSE thread". Yes there is major changes in the grading system but we are the last year group to ever get the mixed number and alphabet results. For me All the sciences, english lit, business and history I will receive the old grading system letters (e.g A*).

Furthermore, the changes are are minute. Look at the specimen papers there is hardly any change , yes you may have to learn a bit extra but some of the subjects may require you to learn less.

I feel your frustration and yes I was frustrated but there is really nothing to do. If the change has failed an everyone starts getting bad results I am pretty sure the exam boards will just lower the grade boundaries.
ReadilySalted
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Reversed Flash)
Personally I feel there is no need to create a "2018 GCSE thread". Yes there is major changes in the grading system but we are the last year group to ever get the mixed number and alphabet results. For me All the sciences, english lit, business and history I will receive the old grading system letters (e.g A*).

Furthermore, the changes are are minute. Look at the specimen papers there is hardly any change , yes you may have to learn a bit extra but some of the subjects may require you to learn less.

I feel your frustration and yes I was frustrated but there is really nothing to do. If the change has failed an everyone starts getting bad results I am pretty sure the exam boards will just lower the grade boundaries.
Oh, nice to know!! Not all schools tell the students the exact same things and plus they told us it will be harder, whats the point lying to us and saying its not, I made a thread because i wanted to, don't tell me it's pointless thanks?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads