The Student Room Group

How Much Faith Do You Put In Exam Predictions?

Poll

How Much Faith Do You Put In Exam Predictions?

Just want to know how much people rely upon predictions. Do you revise for anything, but particularly the predictions? Do you only put focus upon the predictions? Do you ignore predictions completely and just revise whatever you personally feel are your weakest areas?

Also, why do you chose to do this? If you put a lot of faith in exam predictions - why?

Have exams predictions ever worked MASSIVELY in someone's favour, or failed them completely?
Original post by saffarinda
Just want to know how much people rely upon predictions. Do you revise for anything, but particularly the predictions? Do you only put focus upon the predictions? Do you ignore predictions completely and just revise whatever you personally feel are your weakest areas?

Also, why do you chose to do this? If you put a lot of faith in exam predictions - why?

Have exams predictions ever worked MASSIVELY in someone's favour, or failed them completely?

One of my mates that does bio at uni pretty much lives by this because it is impossible to cover everything and he gambles on the same essay question not coming up twice.. which mostly pays off.

For me I don't because maths is arguably lighter in terms of content and forgetting about degree level, just about everything comes up in Maths exams anyway.. but I tried it for one module by only studying 75% of the course for time saving and the exam was 3 questions out of 4, and the 25% I didn't study had the easiest questions...

:hide:
Reply 2
Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
One of my mates that does bio at uni pretty much lives by this because it is impossible to cover everything and he gambles on the same essay question not coming up twice.. which mostly pays off.

For me I don't because maths is arguably lighter in terms of content and forgetting about degree level, just about everything comes up in Maths exams anyway.. but I tried it for one module by only studying 75% of the course for time saving and the exam was 3 questions out of 4, and the 25% I didn't study had the easiest questions...

:hide:

Good for ur bio mate! Ouch for that maths though - I'm guessing you revised everything for the next few modules you had?
Good for ur bio mate! Ouch for that maths though - I'm guessing you revised everything for the next few modules you had?

Haha no, I studied 100% of each module in first year maths and did well, second year I got lazy and studied about 20% of each module.. oops!
I study Biology at university too. I've had two exams so far and in total 7 out 8 predictions have been correct :biggrin:
Reply 5
I also study maths at uni. First year I did my best to study everything, second year almost everything, but this year I'm running low on time and motivation, so I'm just hoping I can guess what'll be in the paper, and I'm doomed if I'm wrong

I use predictions as a guide, I revise EVERYTHING but pay close attention to the predictions, which has payed off so far, but the spec is new (only one past paper to go from) so you can't predict what will be on accurately so there is still a lot to revise and most of it won't even be on the paper >.<!
Reply 7
Original post by minivampire
I use predictions as a guide, I revise EVERYTHING but pay close attention to the predictions, which has payed off so far, but the spec is new (only one past paper to go from) so you can't predict what will be on accurately so there is still a lot to revise and most of it won't even be on the paper >.<!

Is this Philosophy?
"where all the betches at tho"-kunta kinte

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending