Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In ENGLISH???

somehow, through whatever miracle or balls-up at the exam board, I managed to get 90/90 on two of my Eng Lit/Lang papers (and 92/120 in the other, but I knew I'd done awful in that).

I didn't know you could get 100% in an English exam...

I'm not boasting or anything, I just wanted to see if anyone else has got 100% in english before, to make sure this isn't a ****-up by the exam board.

Ta.

Pix xx

ReputationRep:
    My mate got 300 for English. It's not that unusual, even I got full marks in the Shakespeare unit and I'm awful.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my friend vicky got 300/300, full marks as well.

She was astonished! But she wants to do english at uni.

Jay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiepeep)
    In ENGLISH???

somehow, through whatever miracle or balls-up at the exam board, I managed to get 90/90 on two of my Eng Lit/Lang papers (and 92/120 in the other, but I knew I'd done awful in that).

I'm not boasting or anything, I just wanted to see if anyone else has got 100% in english before, to make sure this isn't a ****-up by the exam board.

Ta.

Pix xx
    Oh dear another poster on UKL who is too far up their own arse to realise it. 92 out of 120 is awful is it? christ almighty get a sense of reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiepeep)
    In ENGLISH???

Ta.

Pix xx
    Haha you ****.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

yes it is indeed possible to get full marks in English, I got;
    90/90 for shakespeare coursework,
    90/90 for comparative coursework,
    90/90 for text in context (Merchant of Venice and Blake)
    120/120 for texts in context (war synoptic),
    120/120 for text in time (Glass menagerie and Victorian poets)
    and 54/90 for the handmaid's tale. But I do have kinda an excuse... Every student of the English department had their papers sent back because every student was on average 2 grades below predicted, with some A candidates recieving u's, but erm, nothing got changed. Most did resits this summer, but I didn't really see the point. Some ppl said I was silly not to, but I know it was the right decision for me as it really doesn't matter how many ums marks you get. Be proud of yourself, and think how much easier youv'e made life for yourself next summer.

I don't know how common it is to get full marks in all modules, but I know that it doesn't really matter. An a is still an a, employers wont know if it was by 80% or 100% and with the exception of oxbridge, no uni will know either, and to be honest it hasn't helped me neway. I got rejected by 5unis for English!

ReputationRep:
    I too was TOTALLY amazed at my AS lit result sayin I didnt do it at GCSE! I got:

90/90 King Lear CW
    120/120 Texts in context (glass menagerie and The Miller's Tale)
    63/90 in The Handmaid's Tale

Mustve been a mistake. I am crap at englit!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember offhand what I got for my coursework ar AS exams, but for the A2 exams I got 90/90 and 117/120.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajoruna)
    Oh dear another poster on UKL who is too far up their own arse to realise it. 92 out of 120 is awful is it? christ almighty get a sense of reality.
    well said

(Original post by Dajoruna)
    oh dear oh dear oh dear. I wish i was getting 92/120 in it. I really wish i was. It is people who think it is terrible to lose a couple of marks that make people who would otherwise be happy and content with a perfectly respectable grade feel completely awful about thier own hardwork..

ReputationRep:
    English Lit actually seems to be the subject where examples of people getting 100% in one or more of their modules are most frequent - at my school anyway. I got full marks in five of my six modules (damn Keats paper )... but only managed full marks in one maths module and none of my history modules! But then, I don't know if full UMS points means you achieved 100% of raw marks in English Lit exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acid_Rain)
    English Lit actually seems to be the subject where examples of people getting 100% in one or more of their modules are most frequent - at my school anyway. I got full marks in five of my six modules (damn Keats paper )... but only managed full marks in one maths module and none of my history modules! But then, I don't know if full UMS points means you achieved 100% of raw marks in English Lit exams.
    A friend of mine got 90/90 in one of the english literature modules, yet struggles with grammar and spelling. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Since I got 100% in 3 papers, I'm suprised I didn't in my best subject - English, got low As, though. I almost got 100% in GCSE though .

(Original post by Invisible)
    That's more your problem than his, when you think about it. If you can't have your own standards and targets and feel down if someone has done better but isn't pleased, then you need to be stronger than that.
    I am actually perfectly happy with my results actually because they are alot better than i expected despite the fact that i worked so hard i made myself ill. I know i will never get full marks in anything because to me that is totally unrealistic so i find it difficult to understand why so many people expect to..

ReputationRep:
    I got 100/100 in a maths modules, not much compared to those on here...but my teacher said I was on A/B.

ReputationRep:
    Three of my mates got 300 in English Lit (and probably some others who I haven't spoken to).

Had I have taken my coursework more seriously (and bothered to correct my draft) I would have been on for it (120/120 TiC, 90/90 Modern Novel (The Handmaid's Tale), 81/90 Shakespeare cwk).

300s in stuff (especially as I do arts & humanities) are a lot more common than I anticipated. I want two come March.

ReputationRep:
    For my VCE HSC I got 100/100 in 3 exams :cool:

1. 100% in UMS doesn't (necessarily) mean you actually got 100% on the paper - yes, 100% especially in papers lke english is pretty rare - but 100% UMS are not.

2. it is also possible to genuinely feel an exam went absolutely dreadfully and then be surprised by your result... it doesn't mean that you are somehow stuck up your own arse! particularly for some exams that you felt went dreadfully because they were harder-than-average so the grade boundaries were lower (which of course you don't know when you do the exam).

for example i did M2 in january and left out several parts of questions, got all the show-thats wrong etc, but because it was such a hard paper the pass mark for an A was pretty low and I still managed to get an A - which surprised me very much

rosie

ReputationRep:
    hmm all these max ums scores seem to come from English Lit. hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    AS: I got 118/120 on one of my History papers :eek: - I honestly couldn't believe it.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.