Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, I've actually found AQA to be quite inconsistent, at least compared to CCEA.
    I know a few people who've got marks significantly lower than expected in some of their modules (in English Literature - the only subject we do with AQA) and after remarks have gone up immensely.
    In CCEA, it is very rare for people to go up at all. Out of all the people I know who got remarks of GCSE papers last year, I only know one person who went up one mark. All others remained the same.

ReputationRep:
    In AQA English Lit, I got 90/90, 90/90, 120/120, 90/90, 86/90 and 111/120. But I'll be doing English at uni and I love the subject - I wouldn't say it was "easy" to get full marks. UKL is likely to attract a lot of more academically-minded students, making it seem that 100% is more common than it is. I personally haven't noticed an difference in exam boards either. I did Edexcel A2 History and AS Politics and got 5 100% papers, and with AQA A2 English, A2 Psychology and AS Philosophy, got 8 100% papers.

I do think 100% is more likely when you've studied mark schemes, examiners' reports etc. though - if you can apply your knowledge in a way that jumps through all the right hoops, you're likely to get a better score than someone with the same subject knowledge but less awareness of how they'll be marked.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry to any who I've offended by asking this. I guess I came off a little big headed, but I honeslty didn't mean to. I was totally suprised to get an A in English, let alone 100% in two of the exams.

But at the same time I worked hard for my results and I'm extremely proud of them, I got better than I ever expected to.

I am not up my own arse, and I pity you for having nothing better to do than belittle other's acheivements.

Yes, there are those on this board who have used it purely to boast about grades, but contrary to the beleif of some of the users on this forum, I'm not here to boast. It was a sincere inquiry, and I don't appreciate being sworn at for it.

If you've got nothing helpful to add to an inquiry such as this, I think it would be of benefit to everyone if you said nothing at all.

Thankyou, however, to those who have generated helpful responses, they've helped me realised that this isn't a balls-up by the exam board, and I can stop nervously awaiting the phone call from them telling me they're wrong.

Pix xxx

(Original post by pixiepeep)
    I'm really sorry to any who I've offended by asking this. I guess I came off a little big headed, but I honeslty didn't mean to. I was totally suprised to get an A in English, let alone 100% in two of the exams.

But at the same time I worked hard for my results and I'm extremely proud of them, I got better than I ever expected to.

I am not up my own arse, and I pity you for having nothing better to do than belittle other's acheivements.

Yes, there are those on this board who have used it purely to boast about grades, but contrary to the beleif of some of the users on this forum, I'm not here to boast. It was a sincere inquiry, and I don't appreciate being sworn at for it.

If you've got nothing helpful to add to an inquiry such as this, I think it would be of benefit to everyone if you said nothing at all.

Thankyou, however, to those who have generated helpful responses, they've helped me realised that this isn't a balls-up by the exam board, and I can stop nervously awaiting the phone call from them telling me they're wrong.

Pix xxx
    I understand that you may have been genuinely seeking information and not merely trying to show off to be better than others. And i apologise if my reaction caused any offence, i am not trying to belittle your achievements in anyway, nor anybodys for that matter because people do work hard to achieve 100%. I am just getting a bit fed up of people starting threads that seem to just be about trying to be better than others..but well done for your achievement!!

ReputationRep:
    I understand that you may have been genuinely seeking information and not merely trying to show off to be better than others. And i apologise if my reaction caused any offence, i am not trying to belittle your achievements in anyway, nor anybodys for that matter because people do work hard to achieve 100%. I am just getting a bit fed up of people starting threads that seem to just be about trying to be better than others..but well done for your achievement!!
    Thanks.

It's more the people who decided to respond to this thread with 'haha ****' that i took offence too. I understand unsing the word 'awful' was a mistake, but it was meant to be sarcastic, (but the emoticon didn't come up )

Again, I Am sorry I'f I've really offended anyone with this, it wasn't my intention.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.