Sociology - How to approach questions!Watch
Include 4 sentences
1) Define the word
2) Develop the definition
3) Give an example
4) Develop that example (possibly by giving a statistic)
5) Link back to the statement.
5 MARKERS -
- TWO paragraphs! Do the same thing listed for both paragraphs
1) The question will most likely be laid out like "Describe...... and explain why......"
2 marks for DESCRIBING
3 marks for EXPLAINING
For describing, try and define the key word and give a brief explanation
For explaining, give a possible advantage, disadvantage and try and include sociological research and/or theories.
12 MARKERS -
1) Define the key word
2) Give a VERY brief point for the argument
3) Give a VERY brief point against the argument.
1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th paragraph:
Remember these can be unbalanced. For example, you can have 1 for and 3 against, or 3 for and 1 against, or if you prefer, 2 for and 2 against.
1) Why do the sociologists agree? WHICH sociologists would be most likely to agree?
2) Give evidence and/or an example
3) Explain this point in depth.
1) Give the heavier opinion "Most sociologists would agree/disagree..."
2) SAY A NEW POINT! You'd get additional points for adding a new statement instead of repeating yourself!