Tricialee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Taking my IGCSE edexcel biology paper tommorrow!!! Any predictions on the topics that might come up? And any last minute revision tips?
SMNFOOT
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I reckon the eye will come up, breathing processes (intercostal muscles and diaphragm) and probably something to do with cloning. As the specification nears its end (in 2019) the last areas of the specification are likely to be covered, as from what I heard it is a legal requirement for the exam board to cover the full specification if it is around for 5 exam series.

I am doing it as well tomorrow - good luck!

Specification - http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...web-280212.pdf
Past papers - http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

If you haven't done the 2016 exam series for june - I strongly recommend you do as this will provide a key insight to things that arent likely to be in the exam as well as how the structure of the questions has been recently.

Try and avoid January series as they are often not as accurate as june series (i.e. I just say the jan 2017 paper as a mock, and the jun 2013 paper had more accurate grade boundaries in my opinion).

Again - best of luck!
Tricialee
Rep:
?
Thank you so much for your reply!! This helped me alot! I have already done both the 2013/2016 paper! Good luck for your exams as well! We can do it!!!
eastafricann_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SMNFOOT)
I reckon the eye will come up, breathing processes (intercostal muscles and diaphragm) and probably something to do with cloning. As the specification nears its end (in 2019) the last areas of the specification are likely to be covered, as from what I heard it is a legal requirement for the exam board to cover the full specification if it is around for 5 exam series.

I am doing it as well tomorrow - good luck!

Specification - http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...web-280212.pdf
Past papers - http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

If you haven't done the 2016 exam series for june - I strongly recommend you do as this will provide a key insight to things that arent likely to be in the exam as well as how the structure of the questions has been recently.

Try and avoid January series as they are often not as accurate as june series (i.e. I just say the jan 2017 paper as a mock, and the jun 2013 paper had more accurate grade boundaries in my opinion).

Again - best of luck!
what are other topics do you think will come up?

the heart, crop yield, alimentary canal, genetic diagram, natural selection, mitosis and meiosis, the eye, transport in plants, homeostatis ect
Tricialee
Rep:
?
To be very honest, to play it safe I think we should just remember the really important topics, and don't forget environment/ecology because it has become a trend to test that chapter.
eastafricann_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tricialee)
To be very honest, to play it safe I think we should just remember the really important topics, and don't forget environment/ecology because it has become a trend to test that chapter.
i have a feeling they'll ask questions on cloning and genetically engineering bacteria
EnigmaticAvo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well that was a terrible paper. Resembled a geography paper more than anything honestly :/. I'm not expecting a good grade from this one...
Idaho8672
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EnigmaticAvo)
Well that was a terrible paper. Resembled a geography paper more than anything honestly :/. I'm not expecting a good grade from this one...
Same for me but I guess we always have paper 2 to improve it. But I spoke to some of my friends in other schools and they all said they found the wording of the questions really tricky so I guess the grade boundaries will be really low so there is still hope but I was stumped completely by some of the questions.
SMNFOOT
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The wording was atrocious. I hope you did end up looking at breathing processes and cloning - as they did come up! Watch out for the eye in paper 2 probably. It didn't go great for me either. The wording of the question about photosynthesis in the morning and afternoon was disgusting...

Best of luck in paper 2 guys!!
Tricialee
Rep:
?
Since i live in Singapore, my paper was 1BR. so my questions were different from those living in the UK. and yes they asked some geography questions e.g, global warming and its effects on animal habitats. that question came out for my paper. But luckily I do take geography. However I feel as though it is unfair for those that do not take geography.
kus2001
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tricialee)
Since i live in Singapore, my paper was 1BR. so my questions were different from those living in the UK. and yes they asked some geography questions e.g, global warming and its effects on animal habitats. that question came out for my paper. But luckily I do take geography. However I feel as though it is unfair for those that do not take geography.
I did 1BR aswell, that question was so annoying oh my
Tricialee
Rep:
?
haha! it was okay! what answer did you put? I put: global warming will cause glaciers and ice sheets to melt into a forest that can cause flooding and destroy plant habitats. I also added that Global warming can cause decertification which will cause the soil to be infertile hence there will be less crops available leading to food shortages for animals.
Anneyong <3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
At least y'all made sensible mistakes with the global warming question. My mistake was so silly....I take the R papers so in bio I wrote the function of cervix instead of vagina -_-
Moreover, my graph was awful. I chose year as the dependant variable, I dont even know how to applaud myself for it.
I hope the grade boundaries are low.....what do we do to make the grade bowundaries low?😣😣😣
Tricialee
Rep:
?
just hope that everyone did not do so well! and if you really think the paper was unreasonable you can make a report to Edexcel. The more complains the more they will respond to our needs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (97)
61.78%
No (60)
38.22%

Watched Threads