Do you think that young people are most prejudiced on looks?

Watch
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I would say most young people are the most superficial. Everyone judges on looks and everything is based on how you look popularity sex etc Young people are often the most unpleasant and kind of generally superficial *****. I am not ugly but not really good looking but am fed up of being treated like am am not as 'good' as those people not being accepted and invited to the best parties etc
tapir
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by karl pilkington)
I would say most young people are the most superficial. Everyone judges on looks and everything is based on how you look
Young people ARE the best looking. When you're old- everyone's ugly. Where do you live? Some places it's worse than others.
bloated_utopia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i feel like it depends on what young people you're around, as well as it depends on what old(er) people you're around. for instance in the late 70s in the punk scene the older generations were really judgemental of bands like the sex pistols and their following, whereas within the scene people were really open to people's individual perceptions of punk. i think it just depends on the fragile social climate of one's surroundings; a climate that is formed collectively by all of its inhabitant's experiences. some kids my age (16,17) wouldn't care if i shaved my head (for instance), some would; just as some older people would care and others wouldn't.
yungaheartz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
age has nothing to do with it, looks do

i say the uglier the person is, the more they judge
NobleLeather
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by yungaheartz)
age has nothing to do with it, looks do

i say the uglier the person is, the more they judge
Yes! I avoid the uglies as much as I can so I won't be infected by their ugliness.
jkls92
Report 3 years ago
I don't know, I think my parents and grandparents judge on looks as much as I do. They always comment on friends (for example when they see group photos on fb) and I couldn't invite girls who aren't good looking at my house (even if they are just friends in a group). They are also very quick to judge morality by looks, i.e if someone has a slightly strange hairstyle he is a criminal; I do the same .

The difference with older people is that they aren't usually judged on their current looks (beauty is in youth), but they still judge younger people.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by usualsuspects)
I don't know, I think my parents and grandparents judge on looks as much as I do. They always comment on friends (for example when they see group photos on fb) and I couldn't invite girls who aren't good looking at my house (even if they are just friends in a group). They are also very quick to judge morality by looks, i.e if someone has a slightly strange hairstyle he is a criminal; I do the same .

The difference with older people is that they aren't usually judged on their current looks (beauty is in youth), but they still judge younger people.
That is just plain weird
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (56)
29.17%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12.5%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (43)
22.4%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (18)
9.38%
No - I live at home during term anyway (51)
26.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed