Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

calling all petite ladies - size 6 or under - where to buy clothes???? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im 5ft1 with a 22 inch waist, usually wear size 6-8 depending on the shop

I had to wear a suit for sixthform last year, and it was so hard trying to find a whole suit to fit me.
    In the end I ended up with a jacket from Oasis in size 6, and pants from Topshop in size 6. I have very rarely seen topshop sell size 4.

Jane Norman do quite small smart pants (but not jackets). However, their pants are very very long, even the short sizes.

Tried on a pair of smart pants in H&M last week in a size 8, which fit nicely, but again very very long.

The places I tend to shop are Bershka (very good for tops, dresses, jeans), H&M (for tops, jumpers, skirts - although sometimes they fit on hips ratehr than waist), TKMaxx (for jeans and coats), (Jane norman for coats, tops, dresses), River island (pants are a waste of time here, only ever buy tops as they do size 6), Topshop (usually size 6 tops and pants fit me here, but their new manchester store is laid out in a crap way that I can never find anything)

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    hello,

im so frustrated and fed up with clothes shopping. i wear size 6 generally. im very petite, with stats of 32-21-34 and i totally cant find any shops to buy clothes. i can buy fashion/casual clothes ok. often H&m will do, as will new look. i can sometimes get size 6 in tesco. but so many clothes are so big! even the petit ranges. shockingly, i even found a store where the petite range sold size 10-24! lets face it girls, there is nothing petite about a size 24. there are so many stores which sell clothes for big girls over size 16, so why not small girls? its so embarrassing to be sopping in a kids section at my age (21). i need suits and shirts for work. even size 6 in next is too big. miss selfridge used to stock size 4/us size o for a while but they stopped. oasis sells ok clothes in small sizes sometimes. i also tend to shop in european sizes rather than british sizes, due to the serious vanity sizing - a european size 38 inches is maybe a size 12/14 in H&M and oasis and a Size 8 in Marks and Spencer and bon marche. or clothes sixe 18+ being labelled 'petite'

where can i get adult and business clothes in small sizes?

there must be more of us out there. small ladies. so if we pool our knowledge maybe we can all buy clothes. and its not like we are anorexics or anything. im just really short and therefore in proportion.

how old are you, what size do you tend to wear and where do you get your clothes?
    STOP THIS PETITIST DISCRIMINATION!
    where do you buy clothes? which websites are also good for small clothes?
    where do you buy your clohes?
    I'm kinda the same as you. I'm 18 and not even 5 ft, that SUCKS! Tops i'm a size 6 or 8, occasionally a 10. But my legs jeeez... I shop in New Look's 915 section for 10 year old's jeans! It's embarassing handing over a normal person's bra and then a child's pair of jeans over the counter!!!! Petite sections in shops frustrate me SO MUCH! They just don't fit!! I hate it when i'm shopping with friends and they can find basically everything that will fit, it's just a case of whether they like the look of it or not.
    Teehee, i'm a lifeguard and i always get the odd comment about my height. Tonight, i was lifeguarding and a woman was discussing my height with me and someone else, and she just looked down and said, "How unfortunate" - I just had to laugh!
    I wish there was a high street shop with teeny tiny adult clothes for the 'unfortunate' :P

ReputationRep:
    topshop for jeans for me

h&m for tops & jumpers

I'm 21, just under 5ft tall i think, with a tiny waist - does my head in trying to find clothes that fit.

Kids clothes really dont fit me and i find it frankly humiliating buying kids clothes for myself

ReputationRep:
    Dude, this is just sad and pathetic

ReputationRep:
    Topshop, ASOS, Miss Selfridge.

They all sell size 4's and 6's online and if your local store doesn't have the sizes, you can usually ask them to order one in for you.

ReputationRep:
    Miss Selfridge still do lots of size 4's! They are just more easily available on the website unfortunately. But I'm normally fine with getting clothes in New Look (very good if you are slim with large boobs), topshop, river island, miss selfridge and H&M!

ReputationRep:
    www.jeetly.com

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stradivarius http://www.stradivarius.com/webapp/w...adivariussales

H&M,Zara,Miss Selfridge and Topshop all stock at least sizes 6 and 8,sometimes 4. Otherwise I would look only for certain items.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinellie)
    Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of launching a website that sells clothes specifically for sizes 4 - 10!!

If you'd like to receive an email once the line is up and running please let me know, it's a big step so knowing there are other people out there with the same problem I have is a big confidence booster that I won't be wasting all my time and money on a fashion line that only I buy!!

Message me your details and I'll sign you all up

Emily
    Hi
    This is my first message attempt - I am interest as I've tried Gap size 0 which was ok a few years ago but even their sizes have increased.

Not sure how this works will you need my email? or will this go public if I submit my reply here?

Thanks
    jrf

ReputationRep:
    M&S now do a range called 'Angel' which are teenage girl clothes - nicely made like the rest of M&S, and they go down to slim-people-sizes (and up to a 14 equivalent) - but are cut shorter than lots of other clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading the messages, I have tried Top Shop, River Island, Top Shop, H&M and a load of others. None of the size 6 trousers have been small enough around the waist as they gap a lot at the back but even if the gap at the waist then the hip area is much too curvy which makes me look like I'm wearing clown trousers!! Does anyone have any ideas, I now feel like a throw back to another era as I used to be pick a size 10 off the peg an know it would fit before the sizings were changed many years ago. Now I find myself looking for size 4 or 6. Don't really want to have to chance traveling to London and spending a fortune for a pair of trousers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that small anymore... but when I was, I'd usually just always wear baggy clothes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'1" and a size 6 and I admit, it is quite frustrating finding nice clothes anywhere! Petite sections anywhere are pretty much non existent!

ReputationRep:
    The only one come to mind is Top Shop.

ReputationRep:
    Reiss goes down to a size 4

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried buying online? I work with a lot of very small girls who buy their business and formal/smart clothes online-especially try shops with manufacturers that are aimed at (or made by!) oriental people as they're generally smaller than Caucasian people so the clothes sizes run smaller.
    I'm not small myself (well I'm short!) I'm a size 8-12 depending on where I shop!But I've found I have to buy a larger size when buying clothes on eBay and the like that come from China, because they're made for women with smaller proportions.

ReputationRep:
    as previously said, 'petite' technically refers to height...
    anyway, I find topshop sizes run small, and they go down to a size 4. If you're into abercrombie and that kind of stuff, they usually have really tiny sizes. failing that, shop in teen sections. often they actually sell the exact same clothes as the adult section but with no tax!

ReputationRep:
    That's a good point!Even I (being a normal size but small height wise) can get away with shopping in the kids/teens section nowadays!

ReputationRep:
    Petite does indeed refer to height and NOT clothes size.I'm 5ft tall therefore a petite woman......but sadly I am much bigger than a size 6 . I used to be able to find jeans and the like at places like New Look and Next, but lately I am finding that they dont stock small leg sizes. My legs are only 27 inches long and it's a nightmare trying to get jeans and smart trousers to fit.

ReputationRep:
    Do you HAVE to wear a trouser suit? It might be considerably easier for you to wear a dress or even a skirt. I have the opposite problem, being 5'9 with ridiculously long legs I can never get trousers long enough in size 10 and so end up having to get 12s or even 14s just to get them to sit lower and so actually reaching my ankles. So now I just get skirts or dresses because it's ok if they're slightly baggier whereas baggy trousers look a bit scruffy for work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.