The Student Room Group

Coursework marked unfairly? Comms and culture A2

I just got back my A2 comms coursework.
As I did my AV (The song: Protest songs) I sat down with my teacher and wrote down everything they told me to put in it. I then crossed it off as i put it in. Showed it to her, then I again, added everything she said.
Fast forwards to now, she gave a low grade. Her reasoning was 'there was too much information which led to some questions being unanswered'
For one, every question I asked, I answered, bar the 'summary' question addressed to the audience, inviting them to think (she told not only me but the whole class to do this)
Secondly, I put in EVERYTHING she asked and NOTHING MORE. I already knew there was just too much for it to be too deep but that is exactly what she said.
What can I do now?
Original post by cutejpeg
I just got back my A2 comms coursework.
As I did my AV (The song: Protest songs) I sat down with my teacher and wrote down everything they told me to put in it. I then crossed it off as i put it in. Showed it to her, then I again, added everything she said.
Fast forwards to now, she gave a low grade. Her reasoning was 'there was too much information which led to some questions being unanswered'
For one, every question I asked, I answered, bar the 'summary' question addressed to the audience, inviting them to think (she told not only me but the whole class to do this)
Secondly, I put in EVERYTHING she asked and NOTHING MORE. I already knew there was just too much for it to be too deep but that is exactly what she said.
What can I do now?

If you think your work has been incorrectly marked you need to raise your complaint with a senior member of staff in the school/college, a personal tutor, the head of department or head of sixth form would be good places to start. Note that the external examiners would expect any grievance about internally marked coursework to be resolved internally and will not intervene unless their moderation of samples of work indicates widespread errors is how work is graded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest