Edexcel GCSE ICT Predictions

Watch
Student guest
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anyone have Edexcel GCSE ICT Predictions for 2017? The exam is on Wednesday 17th.
Alanood.Alameri
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
If I were you I'd just look over:
-Online shopping:
Positives:Convenience of staying home, wider range of products, can shop 24/7.
-ves: high delivery cost, delivery takes time, may be at risk of scammers.
-RSS:A format for delivering regularly changing web content. Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it.
-Digital rights management: Protects the artist and their work - so you should use legitimate sites only, avoid illegally downloading.
- helps an artist as they will be able to gain profit for their hard work and be able to produce more work.
-convergence:When a device (like sat nav) carries out the multiple functions that have different devices are specifically made for (gps).
-Global Positioning System (GPS):The technology that is used in Sat-Navs to pinpoint where you are in the world at anyone time, it uses Satellite to do this.
-SSL:Built in web browser security. It's used to transmit online transactions like purchasing goods.
-User generated reference sites:Forum sites and Wikis (Wikipedia) where people can Change website material and post things.
-Social bookmarking:Where Internet users keep and manage their bookmarks, as well as share them.
-Near Field communication (NFC)made to exchange data between 2 devices touching them or holding them near each other.
-Peer-to-Peer (p2p):It is computers connect and they all share files without the use of one server. They all act like a server and share the responsibility of sharing files.
-Teleworking:Working from home.
-bandwidth:amount of data that fits through an online connection.
-latency: the speed of the connection. Measurement of delay (lag time).
-proprietary software and open source software:Open source - free. Can be fixed easily.proprietary software - For a price. Can't change how they work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (34)
7.28%
October 2021 (212)
45.4%
November 2021 (52)
11.13%
December 2021 (61)
13.06%
January 2021 (52)
11.13%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.78%