Zain1803
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys, just did my RS exam
How did it go for all of you?? I thought it was okay and one of those exams where you don't know how you did I think I messed up a little on the d) question about ghosts and mediums and the religious family practicing in multi ethnic society question
How did you find it???
Tammybee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I found it really good! I didn't like the mediums question either, and I didn't really like the c questions on community cohesion
YourGoddamnRight
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The community cohesion last question was tough, as well as the ghost and medium.
AnonStudent2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What did you put for how the government helps community cohesion?
Rachel.Love
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah in the last section I chose government and I think I didn't put enough points. Also, did anyone else run out of time because I feel I was the only one that did? I missed roughly 6 marks
Fighter365
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you think the grade boundaries will be sky high again?
Fighter365
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AnonStudent2)
Teaching it in schools to students
Giving money to charities which promote it
People of different races in government
Laws for discrimination and tougher punishments
hAILEY 345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What were the grade boundaries for this exam last year (how many marks did you need to get an a*)?
Rachel.Love
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hAILEY 345)
What were the grade boundaries for this exam last year (how many marks did you need to get an a*)?
To get an A* last year you needed about 81/84 I think
FieryMoonlight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wait units did you do? I did unit 4 Islam... it was a good paper, yet as most people that community cohesion question threw me off! Question was similar to unit 1
saz1001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The ghost and medium question was really hard what did you all put as a religious point for it
n_01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
^ same, also found the multi ethnic question quite hard - think i wrote a lot of irrelevant stuff for that just about having a religion in general - not too sure if i answered the question
DramaNerd44
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Rachel.Love)
Yeah in the last section I chose government and I think I didn't put enough points. Also, did anyone else run out of time because I feel I was the only one that did? I missed roughly 6 marks
We're in the same boat don't worry about it
james_furber1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AnonStudent2)
Laws such as the Racial Harmony Act
Compulsory RE lessons
Compulsory RE exams - meaning students have to revise religions
Outreach programs which inform society of different religions
brandonj_2001
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did really poorly on the ghosts and mediums question. I said about Catholics believing that a ghost is a spirit stuck in purgatory (plucked that out of thin air.) Googled it, apparently it's right.
YourGoddamnRight
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by saz1001)
The ghost and medium question was really hard what did you all put as a religious point for it
I wrote that there isn't any proof to mediums and ghosts. And in the why would some people disagree with me i wrote that some people might interpret jinns as ghosts(Islam). I'm pretty sure that there is nothing about how ghosts and mediums may lead someone to believing in God in my revision guide, so I may lose some marks.
anjjjjjjj
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought it went okay apart from that community cohesion question about the government, but i think i've made up enough points to atleast pass (i hope)
james_furber1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by YourGoddamnRight)
I wrote that there isn't any proof to mediums and ghosts. And in the why would some people disagree with me i wrote that some people might interpret jinns as ghosts(Islam). I'm pretty sure that there is nothing about how ghosts and mediums may lead someone to believing in God in my revision guide, so I may lose some marks.
I think you had to refer to Christianity to get any marks, not any religion :P (Unit 2 anyway)
YourGoddamnRight
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by james_furber1)
I think you had to refer to Christianity to get any marks, not any religion :P (Unit 2 anyway)
This was unit 1 mate.
james_furber1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by YourGoddamnRight)
This was unit 1 mate.
Ah, my bad, there was a similar question on Unit 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (79)
47.31%
No (88)
52.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed