The Student Room Group

AS OCR Economics

How did yall find it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DamnDamn1
How did yall find it?

Lord knows I couldn't have asked for a better exam! Makes me wonder if they are going to make the Macro paper extra hard to balance it out.

The multiple choice took me WAY longer than I wanted it to take though, but it was still all good. 🙌🏽🙌🏽 How about you?
Reply 2
Original post by wolfslayer1
Lord knows I couldn't have asked for a better exam! Makes me wonder if they are going to make the Macro paper extra hard to balance it out.

The multiple choice took me WAY longer than I wanted it to take though, but it was still all good. 🙌🏽🙌🏽 How about you?

It was a decent paper, what did you choose for the 20 marker? 17 or 18?
and on the multiple choice did you put capital or enterprise for profit as a reward?
It was a decent paper, what did you choose for the 20 marker? 17 or 18?
and on the multiple choice did you put capital or enterprise for profit as a reward?

I chose 18, but my best friend chose 17 and found it really straightforward to approach. I felt more comfortable talking about indirect tax than the free market system, though they both allow for market failure discussions.

Um, I chose enterprise because
Capital - interest
Land - rent
Labour - wages
And that only leaves profit for enterprise, hbu?
Can someone list a few topics that were covered or questions? I can't see a copy of the paper till tomorrow.

Many thanks
Reply 5
Original post by wolfslayer1
I chose 18, but my best friend chose 17 and found it really straightforward to approach. I felt more comfortable talking about indirect tax than the free market system, though they both allow for market failure discussions.

Um, I chose enterprise because
Capital - interest
Land - rent
Labour - wages
And that only leaves profit for enterprise, hbu?

I did the same as you for the 20 marker but for the other question I went for capital, I had a huntch it was enterprise but i was 50:50 between both capital and enterprise. Same as my class mates, about half of them went for capital and the other half for enterprise.
I did the same as you for the 20 marker but for the other question I went for capital, I had a huntch it was enterprise but i was 50:50 between both capital and enterprise. Same as my class mates, about half of them went for capital and the other half for enterprise.

Im 100% certain it was capital
Reply 7
Original post by schoolbob123

My boi
image.jpg

See, third line down
Reply 9
image.jpg
See, third line down

Spoiler

9/10 resources I've checked state:
Capital - Interest
Enterprise - Profit
Land - Rent
Labour - Wages

If anyone has the OCR endorsed textbook, I think that would be the most reliable source of information for the OCR exam

Oh, that is from the endorsed textbook, well I have no clue then, but I am pretty sure enterprise makes the most sense.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AdeptDz
9/10 resources I've checked state:
Capital - Interest
Enterprise - Profit
Land - Rent
Labour - Wages

If anyone has the OCR endorsed textbook, I think that would be the most reliable source of information for the OCR exam

Oh, that is from the endorsed textbook, well I have no clue then, but I am pretty sure enterprise makes the most sense.

I'm pretty sure capital is the correct answer, it is explicitly stated in the textbook, but I can't say the same for enterprise.
What did you all put for the 10 marker?
Original post by itsemmajessicaa
What did you all put for the 10 marker?

I talked about negative production externalities, drew the graph.Talked about other alternatives such as introducing a congestion charge, governments implementing polluter pays method... that's all I remember at the moment
I talked about negative production externalities, drew the graph.Talked about other alternatives such as introducing a congestion charge, governments implementing polluter pays method... that's all I remember at the moment

What did you write?
Everyone get 1% and 7% in data response bit
Also what were your reasons for increase in demand
mine where:
increased population and about the cross elasticity of demand of the bus fares and cars (not to sure about second reason)
Original post by AdeptDz
Everyone get 1% and 7% in data response bit
Also what were your reasons for increase in demand
mine where:
increased population and about the cross elasticity of demand of the bus fares and cars (not to sure about second reason)

Data response bit?
Data response bit?

Section B.
calculations
Reply 18
I'm pretty sure capital is the correct answer, it is explicitly stated in the textbook, but I can't say the same for enterprise.

It would make sense if it is enterprise because although capital is used to get profit, you cant receive profit from capital goods unless you are using the enterprise factor of production.
Original post by BenTLad
It would make sense if it is enterprise because although capital is used to get profit, you cant receive profit from capital goods unless you are using the enterprise factor of production.

Does anyone know exactly what the question asked?

Quick Reply

Latest