The Student Room Group

Edexcel ial economics 15 may 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fasih178
Fairly easy paper. I choose Q10 instead of Q9, what about you guys?

I chose Q9 instead
Original post by Be.a.trix
I chose Q9 instead

me too
Reply 22
I chose question 10 and i messed up badly:frown: i was really confused from the 6 mark question.
Original post by CGTV
I chose question 10 and i messed up badly:frown: i was really confused from the 6 mark question.

All you had to was draw a supply and demand diagram, that's the sole reason I chose to go with Q10 cuz it required more diagrams than Q9.
Reply 24
Yes i did a supply and demand graph and shifted the demand for solar panels to the right. But i thought the question was asking about what will happen to non renewable resourse electricity..so i referred to substitutes and +XED for solar panels and non reneable electricity.
Reply 25
Do you guys know all the questions that came as Mcqs this time.If so can u briefly tell the topicsCuz I think I missed some questions😞
Reply 26
The Q10 that i did was on renewable and non renewable resources. 2 14 mark questions where on external costs and external benefits if i remember correctly. Also the 10 mark question was on evaluating the possible elasticities of supply/demand i think. I barely believe i got a B. Should have chosed Q9 instead.
Reply 27
I found that section A questions were fine and they took me 33 minutes but I ran out of time for section B. I did write something for each question but I did not have enough time to develop them as much as I would like. I chose question 9 and I did not develop parts d and e fully. Also for part e I wanted to draw a diagram for setting a maximum price but I ran out of time and offered brief non-contextualised evaluation points instead. That probably cost me about 4 marks; which is the difference between B and an A. :frown:
Reply 28
Yes i agree, section A was preety easy in my opinion i finished it within 30 minutes and i might have gotten full marks but i chose Question.10 and it wasnt good i was really confused. Either way there is still Unit 2, lets hope that paper will be easier.
Reply 29
Original post by CGTV
Yes i agree, section A was preety easy in my opinion i finished it within 30 minutes and i might have gotten full marks but i chose Question.10 and it wasnt good i was really confused. Either way there is still Unit 2, lets hope that paper will be easier.

Unit 2 tends to be my weaker paper but the grade boundaries tend to be lower every year so I hope that helps. I am really hoping for a grade A, I can't afford to get any lower. But i checked the ums marks allocated for each grade and i think that the only way to get an A overall at AS level is to get A's in both papers, even if you are one mark away from an A in one of them.
Reply 30
I found that section A questions were fine and they took me 33 minutes but I ran out of time for section B. I did write something for each question but I did not have enough time to develop them as much as I would like. I chose question 9 and I did not develop parts d and e fully. Also for part e I wanted to draw a diagram for setting a maximum price but I ran out of time and offered brief non-contextualised evaluation points instead. That probably cost me about 4 marks; which is the difference between B and an A. :frown:
The paper was ok. But who remembers the answer about consumer surplus in section A? I don't really remember how the question sounds, but it was about shift of demand curve and what is the result of shifting on consumer surplus? Does it increase or decrease?
Reply 32
Original post by Anastasiia2111
It was fine. Who remembers the answer for consumer surplus in section A? Did it increase or decrease? I don't really remember how the question sounds, but general idea was about shift of demand curve and the result of shifting on consumer surplus

I don't remember the question but if it was talking about an increase in demand, the demand curve would shift to the right showing an increase in consumer surplus. If demand decreased it would be a decrease in consumer surplus.
Reply 33
Do you guys know all the questions that came as Mcqs this time.If so can u briefly tell the topicsCuz I think I missed some questions😞
Original post by Be.a.trix
hey guys, i noticed theres no discussion for IAL economics. if you wrote it and are interested in discussing respond to this thread. thanks :smile:

Hey, could anyone please tell me what book you used for IAL econ? I haven't been able to find any help online, unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest