The Student Room Group

GEN nursing Nottingham 2018

Hey guys-

Does anyone have a space on GEN at the Derby campus January 2018?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ophelia-k
Hey guys-

Does anyone have a space on GEN at the Derby campus January 2018?!

Hi! :smile:
I am currently looking into applying for this course but am a little confused with the UCAS process.
It only states that places for September application are available and doesn't have a January 2018 option for me to select. Do you know when the dates for the Jan application open? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Shannon2294
Hi! :smile:
I am currently looking into applying for this course but am a little confused with the UCAS process.
It only states that places for September application are available and doesn't have a January 2018 option for me to select. Do you know when the dates for the Jan application open? :smile:

Hi- I think it says September entry but it is actually January. It only says it because they were unable to make offers for 2018 through ucas because there website was changing or something so they had to put September on our offers.

As far as I'm aware the applications closed in January but they do interviews in July as well so it may be worth giving them a call and see if they would accept a late application.

Are you just finishing your degree?
Reply 3
Hi, I'm starting the GEN in Jan 2018! What branch are you doing?
Reply 4
Hey- I'm doing Child, what about you? How are you getting on with the Advanced Standing Portfolio?
Reply 5
I'm doing child as well. I haven't even started it yet, I need to get on with it, how are you finding it?
Reply 6
It's ok but I'm a bit worried they will change their minds about my offer when they read it as I haven't got much experience in a clinical setting with regards to care plans etc.

But it's ok. What experience etc. have you got?
Reply 7
Oh i'm the same, I don't have much experience in a clinical setting either but I said that in my interview when they asked me about my experience and they said that was fine. I've volunteered in a hospice for a few weeks but other than that I've just got experience of working with kids in nurseries and summer camp, what about you?
Reply 8
Ahh that's ok then. I'm about the same, apart from a few weeks shadowing nurses about 4 years ago I've just helped in nurseries and summer camps also. I really hope they're not expecting too much because we start at year 2 haha! I can't wait to start though :smile: Have you met anyone else on the course?
Reply 9
I know, I'm quite scared about how much they're going to expect us to already know!
No, I've been searching for ways to try and find people but haven't seen anything, have you?
Reply 10
I know, the placements are a worry if they think we should have 1 years nursing experience really. But hopefully we will cope :smile: Nope I haven't, I did think there may be a facebook group but only for last year.
Reply 11
Yeah I didn't think we'd be going out to placements after only 5 weeks but I suppose they must know what they're doing as they've said it's fine to have the experience that we have.
I know! I've seen one for every other year but ours, I did consider making one but didn't want to be the only one in it if I couldn't find anyone else
Reply 12
Yes I'm sure they do. I'm looking forward to it. Are you just finishing uni now or did you finish a while back? haha yeah I thought about making one but I didn't want to be the admin haha!
Reply 13
I'm really excited to start. Yeah I've just finished uni, what about you?
Reply 14
I finished in 2015. Where have you been studying? Are you from around Derby way?
Reply 15
I'm at Nottingham Trent at the moment so thought it would be easier to stay around nottingham area that move somewhere completely new, but I'm from Northamptonshire. Do you live close?
Reply 16
Oh cool. I live in Derby yes so I'll be living at home. Will you be living in Notts?
Reply 17
That's easy for you then. I can't decide whether to move to derby or stay in Notts yet, I'm still trying to weigh up the pros and cons. I'd planned to stay in Notts but I think it's going to end up being quite expensive with all the travelling and parking.
Reply 18
True, but also I think placements could potentially be at QMC sometimes and in Notts area so it might even out. What are you studying now?
Reply 19
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, I'm going to have to start looking into it properly soon. So what's made you decide to do this now rather than straight out of uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending