Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My teachers thinks my AO3 is not effective, how do l write effective AO3's?!

ReputationRep:
    Did you mean archive of our own?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngandmenace)
    Did you mean archive of our own?
    ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onlychantele)
    ??
    I'm sorry I was just joking. (There's a website caled AO3😂I was referring to that.) Anyway, what is an A03?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youngandmenace)
    I'm sorry I was just joking. (There's a website caled AO3😂I was referring to that.) Anyway, what is an A03?
    Evaluation for psychology

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if you've heard but try to use burger paragraphs:
    Top bun (point); is this a strength or weakness? - whats your point?
    Middle bun (evidence); where's the evidence to support this - study?
    Bottom bun (explanation); why is this a strength or weakness?
    Link - why does this matter for this theory/model? (or whatever you're evaluating)

Plus, you can even counter your paragraph by turning a weakness into a strength. This can also not only save you time writing separate paragraphs but it makes your evaluation much more effective.

e.g. One criticism of Ainsworth's strange situation is that it has low ecological validity. This is because the experiment was done in a lab environment with controlled conditions and psychologists observing under a 2 way mirror. Therefore using the strange situation to assess attachment types is an artificial method and doesn't reflect attachment types in real life settings or situations. This lowers it's internal/construct validity as it isn't assessing what it claims to be. However, since it was done in controlled conditions, this means standard procedures were used and is easily replicable. This means that the strange situation has also become a paradigm as it has been used, as a standard procedure, to assess attachment types in different parts of the world. (Culture - Van Ljzendoorn)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Substantiate everything with evidence. Be critical of this evidence. Implications for theory, implications for current thought in psychology? Ramifications for free will and determinism, nature and nurture.

ReputationRep:
    most effective way is to basically make notes from the book and memorise the points you have made about A03 and AO1 also. Personally for psychology the whole book is relevant so i just memorise the whole book. You can do that by making notes and memorising them, you will end up cutting just a little bit from the book, pretty much the whole book is relevant for psych. If you can work better by making notes do that but bare in mind what i said the whole book is relevant. You want to also make your AO3 point evaluative. For example a contradiction of Zimbardos stanford prison experiment... or a criticism.... or a weakness of..... or a strength. Or so and so can be supported by. Sign post to the examiner that you are making an evaluative point don't leave them to guess. Hope i helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleGrades)
    I'm not sure if you've heard but try to use burger paragraphs:
    Top bun (point); is this a strength or weakness? - whats your point?
    Middle bun (evidence); where's the evidence to support this - study?
    Bottom bun (explanation); why is this a strength or weakness?
    Link - why does this matter for this theory/model? (or whatever you're evaluating)

Plus, you can even counter your paragraph by turning a weakness into a strength. This can also not only save you time writing separate paragraphs but it makes your evaluation much more effective.

e.g. One criticism of Ainsworth's strange situation is that it has low ecological validity. This is because the experiment was done in a lab environment with controlled conditions and psychologists observing under a 2 way mirror. Therefore using the strange situation to assess attachment types is an artificial method and doesn't reflect attachment types in real life settings or situations. This lowers it's internal/construct validity as it isn't assessing what it claims to be. However, since it was done in controlled conditions, this means standard procedures were used and is easily replicable. This means that the strange situation has also become a paradigm as it has been used, as a standard procedure, to assess attachment types in different parts of the world. (Culture - Van Ljzendoorn)
    I have been using PEEL but miss thinks they are ineffective - only reason it could be is that l am doing the PEEL structure wrong.🤦🏾*♂️

ReputationRep:
    i always start my evaluation with something like "supporting/contradicting research comes from..." and then i'll say why the study supports or contradicts what is being asked even if it sounds like i'm stating the obvious

you could also use this for debates as evaluation by saying "a debate that supports this is... because..." if you're an a2 student

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.