The Student Room Group

Pay bill

Hi... i dont want to pay anymore the bill for my phone . what will happen?
Original post by Ukhaverhill
Hi... i dont want to pay anymore the bill for my phone . what will happen?

Usually they give you a grace period of a month where they 'don't notice' you haven't paid the bill, but they still expect you to pay it and add it to your next bill. The day or day after the second bill is due, they'll send you a text to say if you don't pay both bills by the end of the day then they'll suspend your service, so you won't be able to use your phone to make calls or texts, or use mobile data. If you still don't pay then they'll pass the debt to debt collectors, who will hassle you with multiple phone calls and letters to your home address until you pay. If you still don't pay then the debt collectors may get a court order to send bailiffs to your home address, to repossess goods to the value of your debt.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Glassapple
Usually they give you a grace period of a month where they 'don't notice' you haven't paid the bill, but they still expect you to pay it and add it to your next bill. The day or day after the second bill is due, they'll send you a text to say if you don't pay both bills by the end of the day then they'll suspend your service, so you won't be able to use your phone to make calls or texts, or use mobile data. If you still don't pay then they'll pass the debt to debt collectors, who will hassle you with multiple phone calls and letters to your home address until you pay. If you still don't pay then the debt collectors may get a court order to send bailiffs to your home address, to repossess goods to the value of your debt.

^^^ As this says - you're pretty much f**ked. ^^^

How long is left on the contract?
Reply 3
Thank you for the answer...
But if i go in another country with the phone? They will still block the phone?
Reply 4
I did not paid neither one month

Yes because you are still using their network. Network operators are global businesses and know which country you're using your phone in.
Reply 6
The phone is unlocked
I did not paid neither one month

Why dont you wish to pay?

Clearly you have broken your agreement. If the contract is a higher purchase and you leave the UK, then you would be stealing the phone.

They are only likely to cut you off and trash your credit record, so if you ever returned then you would be unlikely to be offered anything on credit.

They are unlikely to sue you, unless it was a new contract and the phone you were stealng was expensive.
Reply 8

If you don't own the phone yet, then yes, they will block the IMEI.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending