Turn on thread page Beta

15th May 2017, AQA AS Psychology paper 1 *official thread* watch

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find it? I did not expect that memory 12 marker....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _jazzn)
    How did you guys find it? I did not expect that memory 12 marker....
    It is new to the spec so I did expect it but the paper overall was alright maybe made some silly mistakes but its not the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    For the first 12 marker, did you have to evaluate because the question was outline the situations factors That affects obedience and discuss the effect it has on obedience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typicalstudentt)
    For the first 12 marker, did you have to evaluate because the question was outline the situations factors That affects obedience and discuss the effect it has on obedience.
    Discuss is another word for just saying 'this shows that......' Or Basically linking it back to the question, you can't really evaluate the factors

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what were the 12 markers on and can you remember what came up in each section - im doing a level in 3 weeks and all this comes up on paper 1 so im assuming they wont ask the same question for both AS and A level.

ReputationRep:
    I found the first 12 marker quite hard - I just outlined Milgram's study for AO1 and then the factors for A03 - proximity, uniform and location.. not sure if that's right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    Hi, what were the 12 markers on and can you remember what came up in each section - im doing a level in 3 weeks and all this comes up on paper 1 so im assuming they wont ask the same question for both AS and A level.
    The 12 Markers were on Milgrams study for social influence and interference for memory.

What did you guys write about for the evaluation of the interference question?
    I was so happy with the question on social learning theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ge0rgia1)
    I found the first 12 marker quite hard - I just outlined Milgram's study for AO1 and then the factors for A03 - proximity, uniform and location.. not sure if that's right?
    I'm not sure... I wrote about the factors for A01 and said that the ethics made the participants feel like they had to obey etc. Basically just evaluated the study and made it relevant to the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    All I can remember so far is: (I will add to when I remember more)

Social Influence:
    - normative social influence
    - internalisation
    - locus of control
    - Obedience and situational factors (12 marker)

Memory:
    - STM and LTM coding
    - two criticisms of memory studies
    - outline and evaluate interference as an explanation of forgetting (12 marker)

Attachment:
    - were quite a few research methods questions - percentages, quantitative and qualitative data
    - Ainsworth's Strange Situation
    - effects of eye witness testimony (Zina/Amanda Knife attack and anxiety)
    - Bowlby's maternal deprivation (one question outline other question evaluate)
    - Outline and evaluate learning theory to attachment (8 marker)

ReputationRep:
    I only gave one evaluation for the first 12 marker about milgram just in case because I didn't really think the question was asking for it. So worst case scenario I get 6 marks for ao1 and 2 marks for ao3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _jazzn)
    I'm not sure... I wrote about the factors for A01 and said that the ethics made the participants feel like they had to obey etc. Basically just evaluated the study and made it relevant to the question
    Ahh I see - I was confused whether to do to that way or the way I did. Hopefully I'll still get some A01 marks haha!

ReputationRep:
    everything that Georgia said and.....

Research methods questions involved: explain difference between quantitative and qualitative data, predict percentages using pie chart, how to address criticisms in psychology research.

social influence: locus of control

memory: effects of eyewitness testimony (application question)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ge0rgia1)
    Ahh I see - I was confused whether to do to that way or the way I did. Hopefully I'll still get some A01 marks haha!
    I wrote about the three factors and then evaluated it because the discuss questions was supposed to be like a "conversation"

ReputationRep:
    what were the answers to the multiple choice questions at the start about the agentic shift?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkrv)
    I wrote about the three factors and then evaluated it because the discuss questions was supposed to be like a "conversation"
    I around two sentences on discussing for each variable but I did outline Milgram's research too. Probably not quite as in depth as they wanted?

ReputationRep:
    Hello for the obedience 12 marker i wrote about Zimbardo, uniform, proximity and location! Is the Zimbardo part wrong? Also what did everyone write about learning theory and MDH?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about location and uniform for the obedience 12 marker, is that right?

ReputationRep:
    Was is 65/35 for the pie chart question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJGR)
    Hello for the obedience 12 marker i wrote about Zimbardo, uniform, proximity and location! Is the Zimbardo part wrong? Also what did everyone write about learning theory and MDH?
    I think you got the factors right but I think it was linked to Milgram.. Zimbardo was conformity I think.

For the Learning theory question I wrote about classical and operant conditioning and the social learning theory.

The Maternal deprivation question I completely blanked lucky it was only 3 marks.. I did write about the critical period though so hopefully I get some marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WJGR)
    I don't think the Zimbardo part is right because that talks about conforming to social roles. Learning theory I just wrote about Classical/Operant conditioning using the example of the baby getting food from the caregiver. Evaluation I ****ed up on that but can't remember what I wrote.

MDH?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2017

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.