Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I can't fit my all my stuff in one suitcase!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I'll be able to take all of my stuff because I am taking my car to uni, and my mum and dad are also coming to help me move in...so I've got 2 cars worth of luggage space!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Hehe, I'll be able to take all of my stuff because I am taking my car to uni, and my mum and dad are also coming to help me move in...so I've got 2 cars worth of luggage space!

hehe, thats cool. My Brother is helping me move in. :cool:

Who is taking everyone else to Uni?

ReputationRep:
    Do most halls make you move all your things out during the holidays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    I'm the same.. if worse - for my first trip of the year we borrow Uncle's people carrier - so all back of the car collapsed & boot & perhaps topbox. The my parents visit in 2nd week or so with any other "essentials".. then take a few things home in 7th week or so..ahem.
    Hehe, we actually took 2 cars for my first trip to uni, but that was mainly cos a)both my parents and my sister wanted to come, and b)the second car only had my cello and my bike in its back.

I liked student spotting on the motorway/A14 as well - once you got on the A14 every so often we'd pass/be passed by another car packed full of stuff with a student + parent in it, and I'd be like "I know where you're going! " Twas really weird, actually - towards Cambridge it got really really busy (unsurprisingly), and we ended up following this one car for ages, and ended up following them right to Mem Court (where I lived) and turns out the guy had actually come from Wolverhampton (not far from where I live) Bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Do most halls make you move all your things out during the holidays?

They told me at the uni i'm going to that you can leave your stuff in your room over christmas and easter.

ReputationRep:
    Wear binbag. If you want something tight fitting, just wrap cellotape around it. Sorted.

Realistically, I think I'm going to take a gigantic suitcase and then several boxes. I'll only need to transport it back home (5 hours away) for the summer vacation, so luckilly I won't have to load it all onto the train.

Knowing what I'm like, I'd have to book an entire carriage for it all!

ReputationRep:
    The car was completely jam packed when I moved down last September I ended up sitting on my duvet and towels etc. Luckily at Cardiff they don't make you move your stuff out at Christmas and Easter If you're going getting drove down I would say don't worry too much about suitcases, lots of things can go in black bags and it saves on room.

I can't believe we fit everything in when I moved out in June cause I'd bought so much new stuff while I was there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valcandy)
    What else should I bring? Please remind me!
    The kitchen sink

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I've started packing my stuff for Uni.

And, I've only packed a quarter of my clothes and it's already filled up a medium sized suitcase (mum is being a pain and is saying that the big suitcase won't fit in the boot) :mad: ! My shoes, books, towels etc. haven't even gone in yet! :eek:

Anyone else having this problem?! :confused:

If you're a student living away from home, how much stuff did you bring on your first trip to the University!

Oh I know how it feels like (well sort of), I'm only allowed to bring 20kg on the airplane, I can't take all the stuff I wanted to, not even half of it

ReputationRep:
    when u guys say a whole CAR full of stuff do u mean the back seats as well or just the boot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Oh I know how it feels like (well sort of), I'm only allowed to bring 20kg on the airplane, I can't take all the stuff I wanted to, not even half of it
    lol, that's like my brother. he moved to america last week and took 2 bags! how?!!! my mum kept saying she was glad it was him not me cos she'd end up paying a fortune for all my shoes to be packed

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    when transporting your books remember what the removal men always say... "never fill the box more than 2/3 full"... or youll break your back! also i have borrowed a sack-truck for moving in, meaning i can carry most of my stuff from the car in one go (as theres no parking).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    ... "never fill the box more than 2/3 full"... or youll break your back!
    doesn't that depend on the size of the box..?

ReputationRep:
    quite simply the answer is to take more than one suitcase. i'm sure u can manage 2 even on the train or something, but then again i know ur not the bigest girls. u could start butching urself up right now to get ready to carry all ur stuff. lol

anyway i'm gettign my mate to drive me there so i can take loadsa stuff and we can have a night out cos he is taking a gap year.
    my mum offered to drinve but her driving is crap and i don't think she would be able to handle central london, so quite frankly i don't wanna risk my life!

ReputationRep:
    Erm, I've started packing my stuff for Uni.

And, I've only packed a quarter of my clothes and it's already filled up a medium sized suitcase (mum is being a pain and is saying that the big suitcase won't fit in the boot) :mad: ! My shoes, books, towels etc. haven't even gone in yet! :eek:

Anyone else having this problem?! :confused:

If you're a student living away from home, how much stuff did you bring on your first trip to the University!

Jeez! And I plan to take three suitcases at least to schoolies! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how much stuff i'm taking uni, my parents have decided to hire a van out, i'm hgoing look such a fool arriving in a big van. I'm taking:
    A Kingsize duvett
    Bed set
    2 Suitcases and numerous bin bags full of clothes
    TV and Vids
    CD Player and CDs
    2 bIG ART canvases
    Lamp
    Bag of Food
    box of kitchen ****
    Laptop
    A Cactus
    and sum other stuff
    and i've got drive 2 hours up leeds, with all that in the back.

ReputationRep:
    You can have one full suitcase. Your parents can help you bring some stuff along too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzyJay)
    I can't believe how much stuff i'm taking uni, my parents have decided to hire a van out, i'm hgoing look such a fool arriving in a big van. I'm taking:
    A Kingsize duvett
    Bed set
    2 Suitcases and numerous bin bags full of clothes
    TV and Vids
    CD Player and CDs
    2 bIG ART canvases
    Lamp
    Bag of Food
    box of kitchen ****
    Laptop
    A Cactus
    and sum other stuff
    and i've got drive 2 hours up leeds, with all that in the back.
    That is a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I know, and because i've applied through clearing, i may have to share a room and not be able to fit all my **** in, or worse i may have to share a room with sum geek

ReputationRep:
    I thought there won't be places in accomodation if you apply during clearing.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.