AS Level Edexcel English Literature 2017

Watch this thread
Beccajane2
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey,
Is anyone else doing AS Level Edexcel English Literature 2017?

Exam dates:
19th May - Poetry and Drama
24th May - Prose
louisaah
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
I am. Have you got any predictions?
funky23
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
My teacher is adamant You,Shiva and my Mum would make an appearance. But we can never be so sure :')
Beccajane2
Rep:
(Original post by louisaah)
No i haven't yet
Have you?
Beccajane2
Rep:
Ooo I don't have any predictions. We will have to see if it appears Image
Dilshi_3
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by funky23)
My teacher is adamant You,Shiva and my Mum would make an appearance. But we can never be so sure :'
Ahaha, i really hope its You Shiva and my Mom
Beccajane2
Rep:
(Original post by Dilshi_3)
Ahaha, i really hope its You Shiva and my Mom
I'm not a fan on that one tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beccajane2
Rep:
I really hope it's a theme of relationships. I really haven't done much revision for this exam 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
dogontoast
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
does anyone know if we get given copies of the poem book in the exam?
tudorfanatic123
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yep, I'm pretty sure we get clean copies!
louisaah
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Do we have to add context in the poem one?
Dilshi_3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Beccajane2)
I really hope it's a theme of relationships. I really haven't done much revision for this exam 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really haven't done much revision either tbh:3 pretty worried about lit really hope its an easy question
Beccajane2
Rep:
(Original post by dogontoast)
does anyone know if we get given copies of the poem book in the exam?
Our schools getting given a book with loads in and we have to find them amongst others which sounds annoying. I haven't seen this. Yeah you should get given clean copies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beccajane2
Rep:
Do we have to add context in the poem one?
When I wrote a poem essay with context in my teacher told me not too as it's not marked. So I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beccajane2
Rep:
(Original post by Dilshi_3)
I really haven't done much revision either tbh:3 pretty worried about lit really hope its an easy question
Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beccajane2
Rep:
Good luck anyone doing the exam today 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
idespisemaths
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hey,
Is anyone else doing AS Level Edexcel English Literature 2017?

Exam dates:sss subejct
19th May - Poetry and Drabma
24th May - Prose
so much what
I LOBE ENGLISH
CrazyTeaParties
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
What a nice paper! The poetry was a lil dodge, I compared Inheritance and Genetics, but the Streetcar? A question on Stanley Kowalski? BEAUTIFUL. Let's just hope prose isn't awful now - anyone else doing Never Let Me Go/Frankenstein?
GetOverHere
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
When I wrote a poem essay with context in my teacher told me not too as it's not marked. So I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure how it is for you guys, but when I did A Level English Lit with AQA, if your context helped enrich the analysis of whatever you were analysing, it was valid. It's just that you can't heavily over-rely on context; your main focus should be thoughts and feelings that the poet expresses. Though, as I said, if you can relate context to provide a different interpretation, or to further analyse a quote, that would be permissible.
Beccajane2
Rep:
(Original post by CrazyTeaParties)
What a nice paper! The poetry was a lil dodge, I compared Inheritance and Genetics, but the Streetcar? A question on Stanley Kowalski? BEAUTIFUL. Let's just hope prose isn't awful now - anyone else doing Never Let Me Go/Frankenstein?
Mmmm... I wasn't a massive fan. Could of been worse but could of been better

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (93)
41.33%