The Student Room Group

AS Level Edexcel English Literature 2017

Scroll to see replies

I did not like the poetry paper. Do not like inheritance but had to chose it over the Dover one as we hadn't done much on it. I hadn't revised either poems. I compared inheritance to Materials.
What did everyone else compare too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought streetcar question on past events determining future was a good one. Eventhough my essay was all over the place. But the Stanley one I thought was a horrible one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beccajane2
I did not like the poetry paper. Do not like inheritance but had to chose it over the Dover one as we hadn't done much on it. I hadn't revised either poems. I compared inheritance to Materials.
What did everyone else compare too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did Inheritance and Giuseppe (inheriting guilt) because we planned that exact question last week in class, but my answer wasn't great:s-smilie:
Original post by CrazyTeaParties
What a nice paper! The poetry was a lil dodge, I compared Inheritance and Genetics, but the Streetcar? A question on Stanley Kowalski? BEAUTIFUL. Let's just hope prose isn't awful now - anyone else doing Never Let Me Go/Frankenstein?

I did inheritance and genetics as well, and yep not really looking forward to prose though as I find NLMG quite hard to compare to Frankenstein
Thought streetcar question on past events determining future was a good one. Eventhough my essay was all over the place. But the Stanley one I thought was a horrible one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, now I'm second guessing my Stanley one! For the sympathy part, I did how it depends how you view Stanley - if he's the hero, then Blanche is pretty awful and judgemental of him and it creates sympathy, because he just wants his simple life and Blanche is disrupting it - but if you see Blanche as the hero, obviously Stanley is a bit of an asshat and it's hard to really have sympathy for him! Bit worried that that was too much focusing on his relationship with Blanche tho, crapppppp!
Reply 25
Mmmm... I wasn't a massive fan. Could of been worse but could of been better

Posted from TSR Mobile

true....
Original post by becca503
I did Inheritance and Giuseppe (inheriting guilt) because we planned that exact question last week in class, but my answer wasn't great:s-smilie:

Ah I don't really understand Giuseppe but that sounds like a good comparing theme

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, now I'm second guessing my Stanley one! For the sympathy part, I did how it depends how you view Stanley - if he's the hero, then Blanche is pretty awful and judgemental of him and it creates sympathy, because he just wants his simple life and Blanche is disrupting it - but if you see Blanche as the hero, obviously Stanley is a bit of an asshat and it's hard to really have sympathy for him! Bit worried that that was too much focusing on his relationship with Blanche tho, crapppppp!

Ah no, don't second guess it. I think it would be a good one if you had done a bit on class on in or revised it. Our teacher was predicting vulnerability with Blanche and that's what I revised. So I was definitely going to for that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else doing Handmaids and Frankenstine for Prose? I feel more confident on this exam than the one today 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I'm doing IAL but for poetry we got the options of Song and Out Of The Bag.
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be this year for the streetcar and poetry exam done today?
Original post by AldiiblA
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be this year for the streetcar and poetry exam done today?

What were they last year?
Original post by ma77tyLG9
What were they last year?

It was out of 120 overall: 77-A, 66-B, 55-C, 44-D, 33-E. Quite low imo, only 64% for an A! I think that's probably because of not all the cohort taking the AS, and probably quite a few people took the AS because they didn't intend on doing the full A level - at least that's what my teacher thinks. Not too bad though, if you consider that this paper was out of 72 lol.
It was out of 120 overall: 77-A, 66-B, 55-C, 44-D, 33-E. Quite low imo, only 64% for an A! I think that's probably because of not all the cohort taking the AS, and probably quite a few people took the AS because they didn't intend on doing the full A level - at least that's what my teacher thinks. Not too bad though, if you consider that this paper was out of 72 lol.

Wow they were low! Isn't it out of 116 though? 72 for paper 1 and 44 for prose?
Wow they were low! Isn't it out of 116 though? 72 for paper 1 and 44 for prose?

This is what's on the grade boundaries for 2016, idk lol
This is what's on the grade boundaries for 2016, idk lol

Thats weird?? Thanks anyway, hope you do well :-)
Thats weird?? Thanks anyway, hope you do well :-)

You too man, just think by this time next Wednesday it'll all be over - until the exams next year!!!
You too man, just think by this time next Wednesday it'll all be over - until the exams next year!!!

Yeah for English lit anyways 😄 still have other exams 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bookooo
I'm doing IAL but for poetry we got the options of Song and Out Of The Bag.

What's IAL?
There good Poems I would of liked that choice better than the ones I got. What were the themes?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. Quite low. But then I feel it's really hard to get the high marks in English lit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending