The Student Room Group

AS Level Edexcel English Literature 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lascelles101
hey im also A2 i was wondering if anyone else was doing hamlet or had any resources for hamlet, streetcar, HMT/frankenstien? or poetry?
thanks alot

Original post by AldiiblA
try AS english blog for streetcar and Frankenstein notes alongside all the poems

I have the York notes revision guides for the books and they are really good! I recommend getting them 🙂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studentjjs
Hey, guys, I'm doing Streetcar for my A level exam 2017 and was wondering if anyone had any notes or essays I could look at? I'd be extremely grateful, thanks :smile:

Original post by amxryliss
Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody had any predictions for any of these texts:
Othello
The Little Stranger VS Dracula
Post-2000 Modern Poems
Christina Rossetti Poems
A Streetcar Named Desire

Obviously it doesn't matter if they're not accurate, just need some more ideas on what to revise eh !

Original post by alldaydreaming
I'd downloaded the streetcar lit chart before it became a subscription service. I've attached it, if you want it:

Original post by RealMadrid01
I'm currently studying English Literature for the new GCSE's 9-1. In literature I have covered: An Inspector Calls, Macbeth, Pride and Prejudice and Power and Conflict. However, I am slightly confused on how to revise for each one. I know you have to revise themes, characters but I feel like each one requires a different revision method? Any tips?

ive made a blog, wondering if you had anything t put on there
a2englishessaysblog.blogspot.com
Hey guys - I was wondering if you could say what the Streetcar question was and what the prose Tess and Wuthering Heights question was?? About to do A2 this year and that would help me so much - thanks :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi again does anyone know what 2016's AS Streetcar questions were or what the prose Tess and Wuthering Heights questions were? Thanks!
Original post by bluegirl64
Hi again does anyone know what 2016's AS Streetcar questions were or what the prose Tess and Wuthering Heights questions were? Thanks!

Streetcar question were: How sympathy is created for Stanley, how past events affect future

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm doing A2 this year - does anyone know what the prose questions were for Science and Society? Or for Waiting for Godot for the drama essay?
Reply 66
wat was the AS english literature exam questions for streetcar named desire? anybody know?
Original post by mramaan
wat was the AS english literature exam questions for streetcar named desire? anybody know?

Streetcar question were: How sympathy is created for Stanley, how past events affect future

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mramaan

Courage
How science impacts freedom

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi really sorry to be so cheeky but would it be possible for anyone who had women in society as their prose ( ATSS and WH ) to send any revision notes they made for the exam as I have lost ALL of my AS notes and file from last year. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated !!!
Does anyone have the supernatural question for Beloved and Dorian Gray?
Do you remember what the questions were, for Streetcar and Tess/Thousand Splendid Suns?
Original post by jason.reed0600
Do you remember what the questions were, for Streetcar and Tess/Thousand Splendid Suns?

Compare concept of time was 1st
second was compare feelings of hope
Original post by lucyshaw42
Hi really sorry to be so cheeky but would it be possible for anyone who had women in society as their prose ( ATSS and WH ) to send any revision notes they made for the exam as I have lost ALL of my AS notes and file from last year. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated !!!

Could do with these too
Reply 74
Finished A2 and I have some revision flashcards for Post-2000 poetry. You guys have it easy because they cut the list down from 28 to 20 but that's another story. The software I used was Anki, it's really helped me memorise points about the poems. I made notes on these flashcards using that Teacher's guide resource which is literally the most helpful thing ever as well as my own points. Ended up with an A* so it must have been somewhat helpful. Dm your email and I can send them but I think you have to download Anki to see them!
Original post by hyelloh
Finished A2 and I have some revision flashcards for Post-2000 poetry. You guys have it easy because they cut the list down from 28 to 20 but that's another story. The software I used was Anki, it's really helped me memorise points about the poems. I made notes on these flashcards using that Teacher's guide resource which is literally the most helpful thing ever as well as my own points. Ended up with an A* so it must have been somewhat helpful. Dm your email and I can send them but I think you have to download Anki to see them!

Well done!!! I'll dm you if that's okay 🙂
How did everyone do in their As exam in the end?
Reply 77
Original post by Beccajane2
How did everyone do in their As exam in the end?

Hey Becca I've tried to pm you but it says you have opted out of private messages. Maybe change your settings?
Original post by hyelloh
Hey Becca I've tried to pm you but it says you have opted out of private messages. Maybe change your settings?

Hey, yes i didn't realise I had that setting on. I have changed it now so pm should work! Thank you 🙂🙂
(edited 6 years ago)
I’m doing Never Let Me Go and Frankenstein

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending