Half Iranian Half Russian-ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AryanGh
not the best combo to have when living in the UK

Mongrel...

Spoiler

Original post by huvaxshatra
north of iran is more liberal that south of it

I see what you mean there, I definitely realised that. (Mind you, most people here just want anything, anything at all, instead of our current system)
Reply 42
Original post by AryanGh
откуда вы?

не "Вы", а ты. и родом с России.
Original post by AryanGh
It's quite weird in the UK, people think you're a spy lol

I'm so ****ing mixed people don't know where I'm from :biggrin:
Original post by Boomerang Chang
Mongrel...

Spoiler

Tough tough one. In Iran you're kind of forced into Shia Islam, so for the first few years of my life, I was. My Russian grandmother is an Orthodox Christian, so you can imagine family meetings don't slide well. I would say that I'm neither, Iran's Shia brand of Islam would be better if they didn't force it on you and opress all Sunni's in the region.
Original post by AryanGh
No lol. No one I know could care about Russia in Eurovision, just care about the World Cup (which we also kinda suck at but we're hosting it next year so it's k). I just usually laugh at the other acts, also kinda despair at how we in the UK do every year. But props to you, at least you're in it lol.

Yeah, we know we're bad when we celebrate not being in the bottom 5 or so aha, knocked you out of the group stage in the Euros :wink:
Original post by Unicorneyy

Извиняюсь! Мой русский довольно ржавый. Я не был там в течение некоторого времени. I meant where you from in Russia, my family comes from Tomsk.
Original post by Chichaldo
Yeah, we know we're bad when we celebrate not being in the bottom 5 or so aha, knocked you out of the group stage in the Euros :wink:

Yeah true that, but our fans are really...something else.
Original post by Unicorneyy

I rarely use Russian tbf lol, Persian and English are usually spoken at home, however speaking to family members can be awkward because my accent obscures it a lot lol.
Original post by ~ Arielle ~
I'm so ****ing mixed people don't know where I'm from :biggrin:

What's your mix?
Original post by AryanGh
I rarely use Russian tbf lol, Persian and English are usually spoken at home, however speaking to family members can be awkward because my accent obscures it a lot lol.

do you speak with abadani accent?
Original post by huvaxshatra
do you speak with abadani accent?

It's quite thick lol. People from up-north make me repeat what I'm saying slowly lol.
Original post by AryanGh
What's your mix?

1/2 Chinese, 1/4 Indian, 1/4 Iranian [it's rly ****ed up]
Original post by AryanGh
Speak Persian and Russian, prefer Persian to speak, but Russian is way easier to read/write. I live in the UK, because Iran is not a great place to live and my father was offered a job here. As for ol' Vlad, I would say, I kinda support him, but in the same kind of regard that some would consider the 2016 Presidential Candidates in the US (depending on your perspective, the choice was usually seen as the 'lesser of two evils' when people were asked to vote) He's not amazing, just the least bad if that makes any sense.

Interesting. But no, I have to disagree with you about Putin, he is not the least bad option - you could hardly do worse than Putin. He is a thuggish crook who has stolen hundreds of billions of dollars from Russia and turned the Russian state into a personal fiefdom, run by gangs.
That's really cool
Original post by AryanGh
Tough tough one. In Iran you're kind of forced into Shia Islam, so for the first few years of my life, I was. My Russian grandmother is an Orthodox Christian, so you can imagine family meetings don't slide well. I would say that I'm neither, Iran's Shia brand of Islam would be better if they didn't force it on you and opress all Sunni's in the region.

well kill the infidels is encouraged in Iran isn't it?
Original post by Snufkin
Interesting. But no, I have to disagree with you about Putin, he is not the least bad option - you could hardly do worse than Putin. He is a thuggish crook who has stolen hundreds of billions of dollars from Russia and turned the Russian state into a personal fiefdom, run by gangs.

Yeah, I see why you'd think that tbf. It's been a rough few years. Especially for our economy, we're nearing bankruptcy and we're rockin through a recession, inflation is just ridiculous. There probably are, and will be better options, however I've become disinterested with Russian, and Iranian politics, the corruption is too much for me to rest my faith in the false wiles of democracy. I try focussing on the UK slightly more. However I do not think he will re-run.
Reply 57
farsi baladi?
Original post by Boomerang Chang
well kill the infidels is encouraged in Iran isn't it?

Not necessarily, not entirely true. Judaism and Zorostianism is here. Iran is actually one of the most populus Jewish countries in the middle east behind only Israel. However yeah whilst they don't say to 'kill infidels' per sé. Other religions are kind of seen as lesser, more or less where you are, and you can't really get anywhere high up if not a Shia Muslim.
Original post by Jirga
farsi baladi?

bale, man farsi harf mizanam

Quick Reply

Latest