The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics B- AS 15th May

Haven't seen a post for this, wondering if anyone has actually done this exam?!
Original post by ellebu

haha I haven't seen anything either but i definitely took the exam. how did you find it???
Reply 2
Original post by studybuddy49
haha I haven't seen anything either but i definitely took the exam. how did you find it???

I'm not sure if I found it hard or not bad tbh, I feel like it didn't have much economics it it and some of the questions were quite vague and weird; deffo wasn't like what I had practised. I really struggled on the 8 marker on section two, the source and the question contradicted each other?! Hbu?
Original post by ellebu
I'm not sure if I found it hard or not bad tbh, I feel like it didn't have much economics it it and some of the questions were quite vague and weird; deffo wasn't like what I had practised. I really struggled on the 8 marker on section two, the source and the question contradicted each other?! Hbu?

Yes!! I felt like that too. Not much economics and really hard to put evidence in. I also had never seen a calculation like that and the 20 marker on the runway was very vague and hard to talk about everything. The 8 marker on section 2 was definitely very hard as profit seemed to be increasing???
Reply 4
Yes!! I felt like that too. Not much economics and really hard to put evidence in. I also had never seen a calculation like that and the 20 marker on the runway was very vague and hard to talk about everything. The 8 marker on section 2 was definitely very hard as profit seemed to be increasing???

Defiantly! I feel like they were trying to make it easy because it's a new a level but ended up making it so vague and non economic like that it was quite hard?! Dread to think what paper 2 will be like!
Original post by ellebu
Defiantly! I feel like they were trying to make it easy because it's a new a level but ended up making it so vague and non economic like that it was quite hard?! Dread to think what paper 2 will be like!

Hopefully it will be more specific. I'm just very unsure of how I did. I could have got an A or I could have got a C I'm very unsure.
Reply 6
Hopefully it will be more specific. I'm just very unsure of how I did. I could have got an A or I could have got a C I'm very unsure.

Haha yer same it could go either way!
Original post by ellebu
Haha yer same it could go either way!

I hope paper 2 goes well for you and we find some other people who have done the paper!!!!
Reply 8
I hope paper 2 goes well for you and we find some other people who have done the paper!!!!

Haha at the moment we're the only ones taking the exam. Good luck to you too!
Original post by James Grant 1290
Really guys? if you actually read the question you would see it said a fall in profit by £1.5 million!!! And its simple GCSE business to use brackets when its a negative...

Did any of you put 10.90 for the calculations forgot to round up to 10.91 because it was recurring
Original post by ellebu

Could you please let me know what the main topics were and what the 20 marker was on please it would be very helpful to find out I'm doing second year a level
Reply 11
Original post by m_wharrier
Could you please let me know what the main topics were and what the 20 marker was on please it would be very helpful to find out I'm doing second year a level

The 20 marker was on positive and negative externalities but it was very very vague so you could only really use them phrases to add some 'economics' in. One 12 marker was on the pros and cons of break even analysis and I honestly can't remember for the life of me any other topics. The exam was very vague though and didn't have much proper economics in there. Hope this helped.
Original post by ellebu
The 20 marker was on positive and negative externalities but it was very very vague so you could only really use them phrases to add some 'economics' in. One 12 marker was on the pros and cons of break even analysis and I honestly can't remember for the life of me any other topics. The exam was very vague though and didn't have much proper economics in there. Hope this helped.

Thanks that is helpful

Quick Reply