Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leader of the Green Party is coming on TSR! Ask Caroline Lucas a question! Watch

• TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team

Attachment 647414
    That's right, we can now confirm,
    Caroline Lucas, Leader of the Green Party, will be joining us for a Q&A on The Student Room!

Name:  Caroline_Lucas_2010.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  29.0 KB

Be on TSR at 6pm on this Friday 19th May to see Lucas answering YOUR questions.

What do you want to ask the Green Party Leader?

Post your question below or start your own thread in this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Do you promise ridiculous policies because you know you wont be elected?

ReputationRep:
    Who will be leading your delegation to negotiate with IS?

How is it possible for a council you control to have one of the worst recycling records?

ReputationRep:
    Under Corbyn, Labour has become increasingly left-wing, and has now re-adopted many similar policies and stances to the Green Party. I also commend your party for tactically withdrawing candidates in key Labour-Tory battlegrounds.

Was this done with the aim of supporting Labour because you support their new policies and leadership, or rather as a means of providing an effective opposition to the Tories in seats which you know you were very unlikely to win? If it was the former, under what circumstances would you encourage somebody to vote Green, given that you share many of the same policies as Labour?

ReputationRep:
    Does it help the environment to unilaterally enforce expensive 'green energy' which makes manufacturing uncompetitive so factories move to China and the Far East with far worse regulations and ship their products halfway around the world?

ReputationRep:
    Why does Climate Change remain the main issue facing humanity? Why do most current politicians ignore the issue and how can we persuade them to try leading the public on it, rather than telling lies and pretending that CO2-costly growth can continue indefinitely without major global destruction of ecosystems and viable life on earth?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    How can we effectively promote civic participation on environmental issues in order to allow many people in the political establishment to understand that ecological stability can be achieved in conjunction with the development of the nation's economy?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why do the Greens always seem to act as if politics is just a joke while expecting people to take them seriously?

ReputationRep:
    Would you overturn Brexit?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Do you support the legalisation, taxation, and regulation of cannabis in designated dispensaries, as supported by the Liberal Democrats and as implemented in various different states in the USA?

ReputationRep:
    progressive alliance forever 💖

ReputationRep:
    Do the greens have a position on the Rojava Revolution in the middle east? The political project is based on an ideology rooted in female emancipation, democracy and ecology known as Democratic Confederalism which was thought up by Murray Bookchin who was one of the first people to start talking about humans' impact on global ecology and notably the climate so it is very much a "Green" project. What would they do to help them given the complicated geopolitics of the region? I guess this question ties into what the Green middle east foreign policy would be were they to be elected.

Also I hope you get reelected. You are one of my favourite MPs :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Why do the Greens always seem to act as if politics is just a joke while expecting people to take them seriously?
    You have an opportunity to talk to a political leader and you ask this silly question.

I think this just proves how out of touch you are. You're more bothered to stay on the fringe of edgy politics instead of actually engage in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    How is talking about a potential human extinction event as your main point of existence taking politics as a joke? Why are the Conservatives treating climate change as a joke? That is the better question.

Save your question for the Monster Raving Loony party.

ReputationRep:
    Dr Lucas, are you a Swiftie?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    What a cool opportunity this is... I'll ask a silly question, why not...

If you were hosting a dinner party, what would you cook and why?

Alternatively... if you have been watching TV recently, what have you most enjoyed?

Also, serious question:

Why should I vote for my local Green candidate if I live in a Tory stronghold?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)

Why should I vote for my local Green candidate if I live in a Tory stronghold?
    Your vote is a protest vote so you may as well just vote for the candidate/party you agree with the most (assuming this is Green).

ReputationRep:
    Facebook has had a huge influence in recent elections. Does the Green Party have any plans to target voters through social media as other parties have been doing?

ReputationRep:
    How will the Green Party respond to a tory landslide? Will it organise mass protests if EU laws on human and worker rights are abolished post-Brexit?

ReputationRep:
    What are your views on Theresa May hiding from public debate?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.