The Student Room Group

Advice please

Me and this girl have been talking online for around 2 months. We text constantly, phone and FaceTime. She's honestly a great person. She has the biggest crush on me and I always knew. Honestly, I thought I really liked her too. Yesterday, we met for the first time. I felt kinda uncomfortable at first but as the day went on I was fine until she asked me out. Now, I knew she was going to and I was prepared for it but in person, I didn't feel any attraction towards her. She's not my type. I freaked out internally when she asked me out because she was expecting me to say yes. I said yes because I freaked out and I didn't want to upset her by being honest. She told EVERYONE as soon as I said yes which now makes me more awkward. The problem is that I don't have romantic feelings towards her anymore. I just see her as a friend. I really regret saying yes to her because I've made the situation more ugly. I would talk to my mum about this but she doesn't accept that I'm gay soooo yeah, I'm kinda stuck. Should I just see how this 'relationship' or whatever you may call it goes or be honest even though I'll hurt her bad? She lives quite far away so I wont see her again if the situation does get ugly but still I care about her a lot. Advice?
Original post by coffeeprince
Me and this girl have been talking online for around 2 months. We text constantly, phone and FaceTime. She's honestly a great person. She has the biggest crush on me and I always knew. Honestly, I thought I really liked her too. Yesterday, we met for the first time. I felt kinda uncomfortable at first but as the day went on I was fine until she asked me out. Now, I knew she was going to and I was prepared for it but in person, I didn't feel any attraction towards her. She's not my type. I freaked out internally when she asked me out because she was expecting me to say yes. I said yes because I freaked out and I didn't want to upset her by being honest. She told EVERYONE as soon as I said yes which now makes me more awkward. The problem is that I don't have romantic feelings towards her anymore. I just see her as a friend. I really regret saying yes to her because I've made the situation more ugly. I would talk to my mum about this but she doesn't accept that I'm gay soooo yeah, I'm kinda stuck. Should I just see how this 'relationship' or whatever you may call it goes or be honest even though I'll hurt her bad? She lives quite far away so I wont see her again if the situation does get ugly but still I care about her a lot. Advice?

wait a second, are you a boy or a girl - I'm a bit confused
anyway off that, honestly, if you don't have feelings for her then get out of this situation now , it'll only get worse if you let it continue. Be honest to her, tell her you weren't sure on whether you had romantic feelings for her and let her down kindly.

Hope all goes well and hmu if anything else happens!
Gotta do the right thing and tell her you made a big mistake and apologise.

She will be hurt like anyone would but will get over it. Her biggest embarrassment will be she blurted it out to everyone and now has egg on her face. Difficult.

But remember the words:

"This above all: To thine own self be true. And it must follow, the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man." William Shakespeare.

Or person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending