Computer Science and Management at Nottingham..Just curious?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
BigJohn
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Is it a good course, and given that I don't have the cleanest IT record is it possible for me to make a go of it?
The management side is more my sort of thing though.
What is the possibility that I can change to economics in my 2nd year if I get a good 2:1 or higher?
Anyone here going for comp science? Is it a forgiving course for those of us who can't even programme. I'm just curious.
WilliamFoster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BigJohn)
Is it a good course, and given that I don't have the cleanest IT record is it possible for me to make a go of it?
What is the possibility that I can change to economics in my 2nd year if I get a good 2:1 or higher?
Anyone here going for comp science? Is it a forgiving course for those of us who can't even programme. I'm just curious.
Go to Birmingham mate. You need to find out what is more important, the uni or the course.
I wouldn't count on being able to change, like you said you aren't that great with computers so the likelihood of attaining a 1st class or high 2:1 (what you'll need to make transition) is pretty low. You don't want to waste your first year worrying about your 2nd year.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BigJohn)
Alot of comp sci courses are equipped for "beginners" in the programming sense, check the prospectus if you're unsure about yours.
WilliamFoster
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BossLady)
Alot of comp sci courses are equipped for "beginners" in the programming sense, check the prospectus if you're unsure about yours.
But John here wants a 1st class degree, I believe one should study what he knows and I think John likes Economics.
Do you really believe a beginner can attain a 1st class? Whats more can you?lol just kidding
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by WilliamFoster)
Do you really believe a beginner can attain a 1st class?
Oh dear, that rules you out of a 1st class in Econ then!
WilliamFoster
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh dear, that rules you out of a 1st class in Econ then!
Yeah, nice one.
I would reveal my Economics UMS score but you would accuse me of showing off. Then you'd probably have to say you beat me by one point (probably a lie), so I'll leave it.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah, nice one.
I would reveal my Economics UMS score but you would accuse me of showing off. Then you'd probably have to say you beat me by one point (probably a lie), so I'll leave it.
:rolleyes:
Of course I have the advantage of having the score printed on my statement of results, whereas there is a high possibility that your good score is just a figment of your imagination.
Ahwell, we'll both have to assume that each has beaten the other...
stu673
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I do E-Commerce and Digital Business @ Nottingham (just about to go into second yr) which is almost exactly the sae as the joint honours course apart from the fact that i have more moduole options (..and dont get a joint honours degree :rolleyes: ).

The Computing part is aimed at complete beginers but does move along pretty fast when it gets going. as long as you go to/read all the lectures and make sure you understand them it shouldnt be too much of an issue.

Not sure about switching after a year, talk it over with your tutor when you meet them in september
WilliamFoster
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:rolleyes:
Of course I have the advantage of having the score printed on my statement of results, whereas there is a high possibility that your good score is just a figment of your imagination.
Ahwell, we'll both have to assume that each has beaten the other...
Is Bosslady inviting me to post my UMS score.
What the hell I scored 569. Let me guess you scores 570?
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is Bosslady inviting me to post my UMS score.
What the hell I scored 569. Let me guess you scores 570?
oh my god.... I got 569....
I'd assume you were making it up, but I don't remember previously posting my econ mark...
WilliamFoster
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
oh my god.... I got 569....
I'd assume you were making it up, but I don't remember previously posting my econ mark...
lol..what do you know. Girl wonder scores the same as me. Well I don't care I'm still a better economist as you.
In my last exam i knew I had an A so I can say I took it easy.lol
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol..what do you know. Girl wonder scores the same as me. Well I don't care I'm still a better economist as you.
In my last exam i knew I had an A so I can say I took it easy.lol
Better economist that me you say...
Are you now? I wonder what evidence you have to support such a wild notion...none it seems. Nevermind, you may labour under this silly suggestion
if you so wish, I mean if that's what it takes to bring up that confidence level of yours....wow you must be seriously lacking in it.
May I suggest a self-help book of some kind...
WilliamFoster
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Better economist that me you say...
Are you now? I wonder what evidence you have to support such a wild notion...none it seems. Nevermind, you may labour under this silly suggestion
if you so wish, I mean if that's what it takes to bring up that confidence level of yours....wow you must be seriously lacking in it.
May I suggest a self-help book of some kind...
Yeh thats true I probably am better. Stick to your programming techie freek. I mean a girl reading anything to do with computing has got to have a few screws loose. Stick to the sociology babe, it's actually sexier.
Oh, what is this book you suggest, I am willing to learn oh great one.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeh thats true I probably am better. Stick to your programming techie freek. I mean a girl reading anything to do with computing has got to have a few screws loose. Stick to the sociology babe, it's actually sexier.
Oh, what is this book you suggest, I am willing to learn oh great one.
lol, oh my oh my, you really do have no self-belief do you Willy. Just stick at it, if you try kiddo, you'll make it in the end! and if you don't, well I'm happy to watch you take a tumble or two .
Ah this book, I have no titles to recommend, I was suggesting you may need to look into the possibility of buying "A" self-help book. I've never needed the use of such a thing in the past, nor will I require one in the future. :cool:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1170)
79.38%
Leave (304)
20.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed