Alliterate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Do the science exams have generally similar questions/topics? I have done 3-4 past papers in Biology (B1 - Foundation) in exam conditions, and then marked them and am passing by around 10 marks each time according to the grade boundaries. Should I be worried about it being a lot different? I'm currently going over questions I got wrong, and then some things from your B1 video (Edexcel).

Also, does anybody have any predictions of what will come up?

EDIT: The title should say 16th May 2017*.
Roxannexxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey there! This is just a prediction but based on general exams, Edexcel likes to bring up questions that students have struggled with in the past so I think we might see high marks for questions on: Evolution, Diabetes and insulin, Plant Hormones (commercial use) and Homeostatis. Edexcel also loves to throw in Punnet Square questions on inheritance in each exam and talk about homeostasis and species. Last year however, there was no mention of the central nervous system so expect that a Reflex Arc question might come up. There also might be a hefty six mark question on analysis of inheritance graphs as the exam board haven't used that in a while! Because Edexcels 2014 and 2016 papers were very similar in the way topics crossed over, I have a feeling the 2015 paper may be vaguely similar to this years, but this is all just predictions from my own knowledge best of luck, just remember to extend every one of your questions! X
username2889812
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I suppose the Nitrogen cycle and carbon cycle, plotting biomass graph could be equally important perhaps...
ryanclarke16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Iluv2edgedsword)
I suppose the Nitrogen cycle and carbon cycle, plotting biomass graph could be equally important perhaps...
The Nitrogen Cycle is B2, not B1
tdoedt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ryanclarke16)
The Nitrogen Cycle is B2, not B1
No, it's B1
username2889812
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm really sorry for not mentioning it earlier...The nitrogen cycle is in B1 for GCSE EDEXCEL Pearson course...My predictions are the worst...For those who are taking this course...More focus should be put on nervous system, drugs, speciation(natural selection part)....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (150)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (450)
14.74%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (341)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (424)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (143)
4.69%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (185)
6.06%
Loneliness (263)
8.62%
Financial worries (111)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (139)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (167)
5.47%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (269)
8.81%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (287)
9.4%

Watched Threads