Need Help with Edexcel Economics A2 Exam Revision! Watch

Garrett123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello There. I am just over 3 weeks from my first Economics exam. Can anyone help me with some questions I have about it.

(Before I start I would like to say I have done revision cards and content, it is the exam essay structure and technique I struggle with!)

1. Firstly, as I am the first year doing this A2 exam, there are only specimen papers for my exams. Does anyone know which past papers from other years I can use to do and study the mark scheme. There seem to be lots of different types of Edexcel past papers and I do not know which are the same/similar syllabus.

2. Secondly, How do i go about revising with these? I was thinking make planned answers for each question?

3. Thirdly, my teacher advised to make up answers and bullet points for the main topics that are in Theme 1 - 4 (such as globalisation, or macro policies etc). Does anyone know the main ones as there seems to be lots in the revision guide!

Thanks very very much!
Z212
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can help although I'm doing AQA I'm in A2 as well. What are your questions?
Garrett123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Z212)
I can help although I'm doing AQA I'm in A2 as well. What are your questions?
. Hi there, I need general tips on how to revise the exam technique and how to get marks. I've learnt the content through revision cards I just don't know the best way to learn exam technique or how to answer the questions. Basically what are tou doing in the final weeks to prepare? Thanks
Arm the homelsss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Garrett123)
. Hi there, I need general tips on how to revise the exam technique and how to get marks. I've learnt the content through revision cards I just don't know the best way to learn exam technique or how to answer the questions. Basically what are tou doing in the final weeks to prepare? Thanks
As an examiner for both AQA and Edexcel, I would suggest that once you have learned the content you work through the specimen papers and past papers so that you are applying your knowledge and understanding. Write full answers to the short questions and plans for the longer essay type questions. Check your answers against the mark scheme but do remember that mark schemes are written as a guide for examiners and you are not expected to include all the points that are on a mark scheme. Do some of the past papers under timed conditions so that you get used to providing answers under time pressure and learn to be concise in your responses. You can find the specimen papers, past papers, mark schemes and some candidate responses at
http://aleveleconomicssuccess.com/
Good luck
Z212
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Garrett123)
Essay plans! Do as many as you can and write one or two out in full and get your teacher to mark it. I also do flash cards before I get out of bed, I have them on my phone through quizlet. But every other day I do at least three essay plans for economics (its my favorite subject haha), then on the days I don't do the essay plans I watch econplusdal on youtube. His videos basically taught me the syabllus as I don't read my textbook. He also has videos on how to write essays. God bless and good luck
bulbawill
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I currently study economics at LSE, so hopefully I can be of some help. I'd say look at the exam papers, and try to plan a lot. With economics its hard to just read through notes again and again because you really need to apply it. My other advice would be go over stuff with friends - this really helps me! I made a video about how I revised for GCSE and A level, and I came out with a really good set of grades, so check it out for more in depth advice (especially because I study economics at uni!)
https://youtu.be/5cSyAR9bXAw

I'll actually be doing more videos about studying econ and university too if you're interested in that so it would be worth subscribing!
Niyi Aderounmu
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When you mean plan essays, would it be in the form of bullet points? How shortened would it be?
Z212
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Niyi Aderounmu)
When you mean plan essays, would it be in the form of bullet points? How shortened would it be?
Niyi? Nigerian right? Yes they should be really short for instance make your point and then have at least one piece of theory in your chain to stop its from being too long. Something like this:
Financial sector → however more increase money capital flowing into London banks → hot money inflow effectively → boost financial account of balance of payments → leads to stronger £ → context: may help balance the fall in value of the £ after Brexit → give brief description of imported inflation → leads into next point…
Rachelw18
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you all studying Edexel Economics B 9EB0? First exam 6th of June Markets and how they work? If so could anyone help me out with any 20 mark essay examples as I am struggling to find materials to practice with due to their being no past papers available, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (529)
80.27%
Leave (130)
19.73%

Watched Threads