Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Interested Members

hazzer1998
joecphillips
JMR2017
TheJonno91

Blue labour is a socially conservative economically left wing party believing in:
Rail nationalisation
Lower immigration
Higher taxes
Higher public spending for the rich
Raise the minimum wage
Make St. George's day a bank holiday
Oppose globalisation
Increase Income tax and/or NIC to fund the NHS

Wages

For 18-20 raise min wage to £6.50, 21-24 raise to £8.00 and 25 and over raise to £9.20 Abolish triple lock Pensions will be linked to inflation Health Ensure foreigners pay for treatment on the NHS instead of getting it for

Ensure that the education and training necessary to equip workers with the skills emerging technologies demand is provided
JMR2019.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for this thread!
I was just thinking recently, there is no party that represents me in today's politics (a socially conservative one, and an economically left wing one), although I support the Labour Party. If a party like this existed, I would definitely vote for it!
Hazzer1998
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
(Original post by JMR2017)
Thanks for this thread!
I was just thinking recently, there is no party that represents me in today's politics (a socially conservative one, and an economically left wing one), although I support the Labour Party. If a party like this existed, I would definitely vote for it!
That's fantastic, obviously we would need 10 members to join. If you are interested in joining then give me a quote or PM and I'll add you to the list
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for this thread!
Are you interested in joining this party (if it forms) in the MHoC?

The MHoC is TSR's very own model parliament. We're first and foremost a debating club, but we like to pretend that we are actually running the country as we debate, so we divide ourselves up into seven political parties, have elections every six months to elect 50 MPs and form a government and an opposition.

People from all over the site and all over the political spectrum come together to create their own policies and ideas in the form of bills, motions and petitions for how the country should be run. The TSR community then discusses and debates these ideas, and finally the proposals are voted on.
JMR2019.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hazzer1998)
That's fantastic, obviously we would need 10 members to join. If you are interested in joining then give me a quote or PM and I'll add you to the list
Yes please add me to the list.
Hazzer1998
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Yes please add me to the list.
Done
TheJonno91
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hazzer1998)
Interested Members

hazzer1998
joecphillips
SoggyCabbages
JMR2017

Blue labour is a socially conservative economically left wing party believing in:
Rail nationalisation
Lower immigration
Higher taxes
Higher public spending for the rich
Raise the minimum wage
Make St. George's day a bank holiday
Oppose globalisation Economic affairs Increase Income tax and/or NIC to fund the Nhs

Wages

For 18-20 raise min wage to £6.50, 21-24 raise to £8.00 and 25 and over raise to £9.20 Abolish triple lock Pensions will be linked to inflation Health Ensure foreigners pay for treatment on the NHS instead of getting it for

Ensure that the education and training necessary to equip workers with the skills emerging technologies demand is provided

I've found my bros!!!
I love my people and I love my country. Sign me tf up.
Hazzer1998
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheJonno91)
I've found my bros!!!
I love my people and I love my country. Sign me tf up.
Hi Jonno

That great
I'll add you to the list
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This Party already exists, it's called the TSR (Fake) Tory Party.

I jest of course, best of luck to Hazzer in setting this up, although I won't be joining, as I'm neither left wing nor socially conservative!
Saoirse:3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly, I don't feel like any of these policies are incompatible with the existing Labour Party. Heck, the devil's obviously in the detail but I'd broadly agree with all of them - as, presumably, does SoggyCabages who also already serves us with distinction as an MP. I'm all for a diverse set of MHoC parties but I'm not convinced this is going to be sufficiently differentiated from Labour considering they're already flexible - perhaps more so than ever - on social issues.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
Honestly, I don't feel like any of these policies are incompatible with the existing Labour Party. Heck, the devil's obviously in the detail but I'd broadly agree with all of them - as, presumably, does SoggyCabages who also already serves us with distinction as an MP. I'm all for a diverse set of MHoC parties but I'm not convinced this is going to be sufficiently differentiated from Labour considering they're already flexible - perhaps more so than ever - on social issues.
Would hazzer be allowed in the Labour Party?
He supports all of these policies
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Blue Labour?

Oh my goodness, it's like my wet dream. Shame Labour already accommodates us. This is just another pipe dream for you to become a party leader until they VoNC you, if you even have a constitution.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by joecphillips)
Would hazzer be allowed in the Labour Party?
He supports all of these policies
That's not my call to make. What I can say with some confidence though is that if he wasn't, it wouldn't be because of his support of any policy you've mentioned.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for this thread!
What kind of views do you have in mind when you say socially conservative?
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm getting quite sick of the same users trying to set up various parties.

I'm probably of the opinion that if the same user tries to found more than one party then later attempts should be automatically blocked.

Also the name is not appropriate given we already have a Labour Party, nor am I convinced the ideology is sufficiently distinct from other parties' offerings.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Traditionalist values I guess,
Anti-Abortion, Not really that keen on gay marriage, against euthanasia.
Fair enough If that was the general direction of this party I could see more of a use for it, but if that's going to be the appeal I think it should be explicit in the OP. There's a big, big difference between reducing immigration/not being keen on globalisation and wanting to significantly increase the role of the state in regulating personal lives.
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
jesus you liber/wannabe liber clique's endless new parties are boring
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
Bit scared of loosing votes?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for this thread!
If you want to get involved in the Model House of Commons then you'd be better of joining the TSR Labour Party - the largest party in the House and the leader of the current coalition government - than standing with a guy who is trying to start a new party because he got kicked out of the TSR Liberals and isn't confident any other party would let him in.
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
I'm getting quite sick of the same users trying to set up various parties.

I'm probably of the opinion that if the same user tries to found more than one party then later attempts should be automatically blocked.

Also the name is not appropriate given we already have a Labour Party, nor am I convinced the ideology is sufficiently distinct from other parties' offerings.
What party did hazzer try to start?

I'm surprised that the usual opposition to parties has not been used, the nat libs was the name of that party appropriate seeing as we already had a liberal party?

If your comment was because of my involvement I will point you to what I said months ago "I would be willing to dual if my party leader is ok with it to help you write a party constitution and get everything set up" that is an offer I intend to make to every party and I have made to hazzer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (135)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (30)
12%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.6%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.6%
25-30 years old (yes) (18)
7.2%
25-30 years old (no) (0)
0%
30-40 years old (yes) (12)
4.8%
30-40 years old (no) (1)
0.4%
40+ years old (yes) (5)
2%
40+ years old (no) (6)
2.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise