?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
--
LucySmith74
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This was on the geography section, so if you're doing geography GCSE- LEARN YOUR CASE STUDIES. It's what's gonna get you the higher marks by knowing the specifics, and loads of the knowledge is based on it anyway.
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
assuming you have gone through all the material needed for the geography exam, go over case studies again- mindmaps, revision cards, writing out notes from memory whatever works for you. make sure you can state a few statistics/figures that will be unique to that particular case study e.g. number of deaths, costs of damage, exact dates of a particular event. these will show the examiner that you have actually learnt the case study and not just made a general one up. having said that, don't stress about knowing the exact numbers i.e. it won;t matter if you say that 2300 people died in a earthquake when the number was in fact 2314- the numbers reported for these events are never 100% accurate anyway; on one ever know the exact number. just make sure the number is realistic.
also go over some past paper questions which involve the use of case studies- the highest marks are gained through using case studies.
good luck
Federerr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ngl I just read the textbook the day before the exam. I did the same for AS this year :rofl:

works a charm.

obv practice questions if you want the A*

I got an A at GCSE only because of my coursework tho but i ain't complaining..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (11)
78.57%
I don't have everything I need (3)
21.43%

Watched Threads