The Student Room Group

Brown Discharge on Mini Pill?

So, I have been on the mini pill (specifically Feanolla) for about 6 months now. I had brown discharge and some blood throughout the first month, but that quickly cleared up and I have been free of periods ever since. However, I am starting to see a resurgence in brown discharge along with abdominal cramping similar to period pains. Nothing has changed in regards to how I take the pill, I have taken it at the same time every single day for 6 months.

Has anyone else here experienced this? Does anyone know why this might be happening? :eek:
Reply 1
I'm on the mini pill Cerazette and all mini pills are known for irregular bleeding - be it spotting bloody discharge or a full on period like bleed. For the first month on it, I had a normal like period bleed and then nothing for 6 months and then it was spotting and then nothing for a few months then a period bleed then I bled heavily for a month straight almost then nothing again for a while and so on and so on. I just got used to never knowing when I will bleed. Brown discharge sounds like spotting and nothing to worry about while on the mini pill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending