The Student Room Group

I have recieved an offer to do an FDA (can i change it to another sub-dicipline)

Ok so I've got an unconditional uni place to do a Game Art foundation degree. The uni I accepted offers these different options for game making related degrees:
Game Art
Game Design
Game Design Production
Game Design Programming
(one or two more)

I picked Game Art of which after is completed allows me to do ALL of the options above for the full 3 year course which is great. But I would rather do the Game Design foundation year instead.

For those who have looked or heard about Business studies it is similar to how most universities do that... people will do Business Management with marketing... with finance etc.

The Question:
Would the university decide to decline my place If i was to ask to change to the Game Design (Fda) instead of Game Art (Fda)?

I'm hoping not. The university is one of the lower ones on the league table (good for the course though). Also it's only a foundation year. Lastly, picking game art allows students to then switch their subject to say Game design for their 3 year course... so i don't see how they could possibly mind switching me over?

I have read this...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15921-changing-your-mind
But my case I think is a little different to what i read. The course i want to switch to is very similar. I'm just hope i wont lose my place for asking.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Dave3457
Ok so I've got an unconditional uni place to do a Game Art foundation degree. The uni I accepted offers these different options for game making related degrees:
Game Art
Game Design
Game Design Production
Game Design Programming
(one or two more)

I picked Game Art of which after is completed allows me to do ALL of the options above for the full 3 year course which is great. But I would rather do the Game Design foundation year instead.

For those who have looked or heard about Business studies it is similar to how most universities do that... people will do Business Management with marketing... with finance etc.

The Question:
Would the university decide to decline my place If i was to ask to change to the Game Design (Fda) instead of Game Art (Fda)?

I'm hoping not. The university is one of the lower ones on the league table (good for the course though). Also it's only a foundation year. Lastly, picking game art allows students to then switch their subject to say Game design for their 3 year course... so i don't see how they could possibly mind switching me over?

I have read this...
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15921-changing-your-mind
But my case I think is a little different to what i read. The course i want to switch to is very similar. I'm just hope i wont lose my place for asking.

The university certainly can't revoke your unconditional offer if you ask to switch to a different foundation year (and even if you only had a conditional offer, they couldn't decline you once they've made you an offer), so don't worry. If you would rather do Game Design then ask to switch. They might say yes, you won't know until you ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending