LogicalFallacy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What do you believe? Are these ferocious beings still roaming the Earth somewhere, and in what form? Scientific explanations are welcomed.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LogicalFallacy)
What do you believe? Are these ferocious beings still roaming the Earth somewhere, and in what form? Scientific explanations are welcomed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Komodo_dragon
Nunchuck-master-2334
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you beat me to it!
JimJam10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
personally I think its more possible than most think. I can't see it as coincidence that thousands of years ago, hundreds of cultures that could never have met, all thought of the same creature independently, a fire breathing, magical, winged reptile... Vikings, Orientals, British, Meso-Americans and Australian aborigines.
LogicalFallacy
Rep:
?
So you that that's your dragon right there?
LogicalFallacy
Rep:
?
(Original post by JimJam10)
personally I think its more possible than most think. I can't see it as coincidence that thousands of years ago, hundreds of cultures that could never have met, all thought of the same creature independently, a fire breathing, magical, winged reptile... Vikings, Orientals, British, Meso-Americans and Australian aborigines.
Your theory is that the stories must have come from somewhere?
JimJam10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your theory is that the stories must have come from somewhere?
Yes! maybe they were real all over the world at one point.
LogicalFallacy
Rep:
?
Yes! maybe they were real all over the world at one point.
I think that is certainly a valid option. I'm curious as to how they would have survived/died.
JimJam10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think that is certainly a valid option. I'm curious as to how they would have survived/died.
possible evolved from early crocodiles, developed fire and flying as a means to compete with the dinosaurs and became widespread like modern wolves or cats. at the extinction that killed the dinosaurs, most dragons also died, but a few survived in remote places. maybe eventually hunted to extinction or outcompeted by early Homo sapiens?
LogicalFallacy
Rep:
?
possible evolved from early crocodiles, developed fire and flying as a means to compete with the dinosaurs and became widespread like modern wolves or cats. at the extinction that killed the dinosaurs, most dragons also died, but a few survived in remote places. maybe eventually hunted to extinction or outcompeted by early Homo sapiens?
I like your thoughts there, that is a possibility indeed. I shall give that some more thought.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
A dragon is a large, serpentine legendary creature that appears in the folklore of many cultures around the world. Beliefs aboutdragons vary considerably by region, butdragons in western cultures since the High Middle Ages have often been depicted as winged, horned, four-legged, and capable of breathing fire.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.63%
Confident (18)
12.95%
Indifferent (25)
17.99%
Unsure (37)
26.62%
Worried (47)
33.81%

Watched Threads