The Student Room Group

Future medic looking for an internship / job etc. around Oxford

Hey guy,
I am starting my course at the University of Oxford this autumn but since I am Swiss I need to enter the UK for legal reasons prior to the 1st of September. I have been looking for something to do until my course starts but until now I haven't found a lot. Does anyone of you have an advice what to do or where to look for a job opportunity? I don't mind what it is, it does not necessarily need to be paid (eg. voluntary work), I'd just like to have done something before starting uni.
Thank you!
So you've got a free month in the UK basically? Hmm.

Could travel around see some of the UK. London, Stonehenge, Yorkshire dales etc. You're from Switzerland so probably into hiking - the UK does not have mountains like the alps but you can see a lot of great scenery and lovely English villages etc.

I don't know of any specific jobs or internships you could do over such a period. Internships aren't really a thing for medics anyway - unpaid summer research projects at most. You can take part in the multitude of medical and psychology trials always going on in Oxford. From simple computer trials paying £10 to full vaccine trials paying thousands are all held there.

Don't feel pressured into needing to do something relevant. No one else will and you really don't need to.
Reply 2
Original post by nexttime
So you've got a free month in the UK basically? Hmm.

Could travel around see some of the UK. London, Stonehenge, Yorkshire dales etc. You're from Switzerland so probably into hiking - the UK does not have mountains like the alps but you can see a lot of great scenery and lovely English villages etc.

I don't know of any specific jobs or internships you could do over such a period. Internships aren't really a thing for medics anyway - unpaid summer research projects at most. You can take part in the multitude of medical and psychology trials always going on in Oxford. From simple computer trials paying £10 to full vaccine trials paying thousands are all held there.

Don't feel pressured into needing to do something relevant. No one else will and you really don't need to.

Hey, thank you for your response :wink:

I have been to many places in the UK and you're right (haha) I have got to know most of them whilst hiking.
I will read into your propositions :wink:

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending