The Student Room Group

MBBS Malta - Queen Marys

Hi

Looking to study MBBS in Malta this Sept with Barts&London, Looks decent with scholarships but asking for AAA. Has anyone else applied ? How competitive is it?

Thanks

S :smile:
Hi, did you end up applying for this course? I did myself and am hopeful about getting a scholarship to attend, maybe I'll see you there!
Original post by SquareEyes1000
Hi, did you end up applying for this course? I did myself and am hopeful about getting a scholarship to attend, maybe I'll see you there!

Hi, I've also applied to the Malta campus. Do you think that the course will be ready September 2017 entry?
I'd expect so, I think the majority is done, they've sent me information regarding accommodation and I think should the Bart's campus not be finished we'll be sharing facilities with the local medical school, which isn't overly popular with the locals from what I understand but ho hum.I was sent an email saying I'd be offered a formal place a week or so ago so I assume they're going ahead with it.
Original post by sly303
Hi

Looking to study MBBS in Malta this Sept with Barts&London, Looks decent with scholarships but asking for AAA. Has anyone else applied ? How competitive is it?

Thanks

S :smile:

Just thought I'd ping this again, I've been speaking with humerusmedic a little about this, have you heard anything more or made your mind up yet though_
Reply 5
Hi. Have you been sent an offer letter yet?i i feel like they're taking their time with that. Last time i called in, they said no decisions had been made yet.
Reply 6
I'd expect so, I think the majority is done, they've sent me information regarding accommodation and I think should the Bart's campus not be finished we'll be sharing facilities with the local medical school, which isn't overly popular with the locals from what I understand but ho hum.I was sent an email saying I'd be offered a formal place a week or so ago so I assume they're going ahead with it.
Hello. My question above was directed to you. I don't why it didnt reply to you.
Original post by essttee
Hello. My question above was directed to you. I don't why it didnt reply to you.

Hi, I've been sent a letter telling me that I would shortly recieve a formal offer, I'd have to find it but it was included in an email that was giving me feedback for my interview, I don't know if you got a similar one?
Reply 8
Hi, I've been sent a letter telling me that I would shortly receive a formal offer, I'd have to find it but it was included in an email that was giving me feedback for my interview, I don't know if you got a similar one?
No i didnt. I wasnt even given formal feedback on my interview. They only sent more information about the uni and accommodation. I had my interview in February though, which i think was quite early and i was probably one of the first few that did. When was yours?
Original post by essttee
No i didnt. I wasnt even given formal feedback on my interview. They only sent more information about the uni and accommodation. I had my interview in February though, which i think was quite early and i was probably one of the first few that did. When was yours?

Mine was in July, and I recieved the letter the following week. I wouldn't perhaps read too much into this however as we're likely applying from slightly different standpoints.
I am a current medical student at this university and I feel like I should warn prospective students that the experience they are expecting will not be as promised. We do not have a "newly built state of the art" university, as is advertised, and most likely won't for another 5 years. We, therefore, don't have a proper library that allows for serious study, or readily available PBL rooms etc, as we are using a few rooms in the Gozo Sixth Form College. The "newly refurbished General Hospital" which is our teaching hospital is only refurbished in the entrance, the actual consultation rooms are anything but refurbished. I suppose this doesn't matter too much, with the few patients the hospital actually sees, which isn't a surprise when you consider that this "state of the art" hospital doesn't even have something as basic as an MRI. The clinical exposure the students can thus get, is below anything you would see in the UK and undoubtedly below the standards necessitated by the GMC.

Quick Reply