The Student Room Group

Fidget spinners could soon be the newest Alt-Right symbol.

Yes, the next target for /pop/ is the viral Fidget Spinner.

After successfully making the OK 👌🏼 sign and milk symbols of racism, Nazism and the Alt-Right, /pol/ are going to meme the Fidget Spinner into a Nazi symbol.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/heatst.com/tech/are-fidget-spinners-the-newest-symbol-of-white-supremacy/amp/
They're a fad anyway and will all be in the recycling in a month.

I would argue that they haven't successfully made the ok sign or milk symbols of racism. I think you'd only be aware of these things if you spend a fair amount of time on the internet. The public at large will be blissfully unaware of these idiots.
Original post by Dodgypirate
After successfully making the OK 👌🏼 sign and milk symbols of racism, Nazism and the Alt-Right, /pol/ are going to meme the Fidget Spinner into a Nazi symbol.

No-one actually thinks those things apart from SJWs, and there are no prominent real Nazis in the West.
I see a lot of potential in this. The fidget spinner can act as a grounding object to reduce anxiety when an alt right individual feels threatened by the sight of a feminist, black man, or a woman with a piece of cotton on their head. I suspect incidents of bed wetting and other maladaptive behaviours common to the alt right may decrease.

And maybe they'll stop obsessing over that puerile ****ing frog meme.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by MildredMalone
No-one actually thinks those things apart from SJWs, and there are no prominent real Nazis in the West.

Lots of mainstream news outlets and papers have fallen for it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/heatst.com/tech/are-fidget-spinners-the-newest-symbol-of-white-supremacy/amp/

my sister's primary school has banned them as they are so popular I do not get it it just turns and turns
Reply 6
Original post by Friffinghell
They're a fad anyway and will all be in the recycling in a month.

I would argue that they haven't successfully made the ok sign or milk symbols of racism. I think you'd only be aware of these things if you spend a fair amount of time on the internet. The public at large will be blissfully unaware of these idiots.

They have, to an extent. I admit it hasn't reached the wider public, but it's been reported by many mainstream news outlets and papers - that's milk AND 👌🏼

The only idiots are the people who believe they're symbols.
Reply 7
Original post by Quantex
I see a lot of potential in this. The fidget spinner can act as a grounding object to reduce anxiety when an alt right individual feels threatened by the sight of a feminist, black man, or a woman with a piece of cotton on their head. I suspect incidents of bed wetting and other maladaptive behaviours common to the alt right may decrease.

And maybe they'll stop obsessing over that puerile ****ing frog meme.

Long live KEK and his disciple Pepe 🐸 👌🏼 :lol:

Do you even know what Pepe really means?!
Reply 8

Little known fact, they were originally called, "Fascist Spinners".
This is identity politics on a whole other level.
Reply 10

Original post by MildredMalone

I think that greatly depends on how you define "prominent". There are Nazis out there, sure, but there are far FAR more people who are accused of being Nazis that really aren't, which is what I think you are alluding to.
Reply 12
Original post by JohnGreek
Following the astounding revelations of the article in the OP, I called out a black woman with a fidget spinner on the bus for being a 'fascist member of the alt-right'. She didn't take it lightly.

Did she take it.... darkly? :teehee:

(I apologise for my black sense of humour.)

Spoiler

Reply 13
Original post by Manitude
I think that greatly depends on how you define "prominent". There are Nazis out there, sure, but there are far FAR more people who are accused of being Nazis that really aren't, which is what I think you are alluding to.

"Nazi", "fascist", "racist", "white supremacist", all have very little meaning these days. They have become nothing more than overused, emotional slurs levelled against any white person for expressing even the slightest nationalist and traditionalist sentiments.
Original post by Wōden
"Nazi", "fascist", "racist", "white supremacist", all have very little meaning these days. They have become nothing more than overused, emotional slurs levelled against any white person for expressing even the slightest nationalist and traditionalist sentiments.

Indeed. The story of the boy who cried wolf springs to mind.
Original post by Manitude

Yeah, I'm alluding to the fact Trump isn't anything like a Nazi, and by prominent I meant "in or near power".
21st Century Britain everyone ... wonderful isn't it ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending