WJEC AS Media Studies exam 2017 predictions Watch

alicewxnderland
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
The media exam on Thursday and wondering what everyone thinks the representation will be??
noomeidas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alicewxnderland)
Hi
The media exam on Thursday and wondering what everyone thinks the representation will be??
Hi! I know my teacher predicts either disability, which is on the spec but has never come up before, or that they'll ask for some form of gender reps. How are you feeling about the exam?
caelainn934
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by noomeidas)
Hi! I know my teacher predicts either disability, which is on the spec but has never come up before, or that they'll ask for some form of gender reps. How are you feeling about the exam?
Hi, my exam is also on Thursday! Are you on the WJEC exam for it because I am and my teacher has never mentioned a disability topic. My teacher predicts either events or gender!!
alicewxnderland
Rep:
?
(Original post by noomeidas)
hey, I'm not sure if it will be disability as thats not mentioned on the spec i don't think? it just says gender, events, ethnicity, regional/national identity, issues and age. Not sure how to feel about the exam, just wish we knew what the representation was!
kyletipler
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey, I'm not sure if it will be disability as thats not mentioned on the spec i don't think? it just says gender, events, ethnicity, regional/national identity, issues and age. Not sure how to feel about the exam, just wish we knew what the representation was!
I'm not feeling to good about this exam, have any of you not done case studies as I haven't completed all of mine and I've only got like tomorrow to revise.
alicewxnderland
Rep:
?
(Original post by kyletipler)
I'm not feeling to good about this exam, have any of you not done case studies as I haven't completed all of mine and I've only got like tomorrow to revise.
I've done about 2 case studies for each representation (deffo not going the remember them all tho)
caelainn934
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've done about 2 case studies for each representation (deffo not going the remember them all tho)
I've done 2 case studies for gender and 1 for events I'm struggling to find another one because apparently the events have to be recent !
alicewxnderland
Rep:
?
(Original post by caelainn934)
I've done 2 case studies for gender and 1 for events I'm struggling to find another one because apparently the events have to be recent !
My teacher said that they prefer it if your case study is from within the last 5 years. For events I've done Brexit and looked at the Daily Mirror 'We're Out" cover and The Sun "Independence day" cover and compared them and i also look at the american election and looked at the french magazine Liberation which focused on Trumps presidency
kyletipler
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I only have completed case studies for Gender and Age so I am actually praying that it's not Events or Identities 😫😫I wish I'd have done the work at the right time now cuz i'm gonna have to rush the case studies last minute:/
aish.2000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could talk about the American election!
caelainn934
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My teacher said that they prefer it if your case study is from within the last 5 years. For events I've done Brexit and looked at the Daily Mirror 'We're Out" cover and The Sun "Independence day" cover and compared them and i also look at the american election and looked at the french magazine Liberation which focused on Trumps presidency
can I ask why you are talking about them in magazines?? I thought you just had to describe two events, not compare or even talk about magazines.. my teacher never mentioned that!
caelainn934
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is it bad that both of my events case studies are on deaths of famous people?
alicewxnderland
Rep:
?
is it bad that both of my events case studies are on deaths of famous people?
because the question says 'with reference to your own detailed examples" so i have used specific media texts such as a magazine cover, newspaper, film trailer etc that portrays that particular representation so I'm not talking about it generically or vaguely. i think thats fine as long as you can go into detail
caelainn934
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
because the question says 'with reference to your own detailed examples" so i have used specific media texts such as a magazine cover, newspaper, film trailer etc that portrays that particular representation so I'm not talking about it generically or vaguely. i think thats fine as long as you can go into detail
oh yes!! I understand you now!! what do you personally think the representation will be ?
alicewxnderland
Rep:
?
oh yes!! I understand you now!! what do you personally think the representation will be ?
i think it could be gender or events as they haven't come upon a while but if not them it could be ethnicity or national identity? i pray its not age as hardly have anything on them, what do you think?
caelainn934
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i think it could be gender or events as they haven't come upon a while but if not them it could be ethnicity or national identity? i pray its not age as hardly have anything on them, what do you think?
I personally think its going to be either between events or age!! I wouldn't mind age or gender all i don't want is the regional identity !!
How are you with the audience questions???
alicewxnderland
Rep:
?
I personally think its going to be either between events or age!! I wouldn't mind age or gender all i don't want is the regional identity !!
im okay with the audience questions as i think you can just use whatever texts you have revised for representation and make them fit for the audience question. my teacher said it s better to put in key words like mediate, decode, construct etc so trying to remember to use those!
caelainn934
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im okay with the audience questions as i think you can just use whatever texts you have revised for representation and make them fit for the audience question. my teacher said it s better to put in key words like mediate, decode, construct etc so trying to remember to use those!
i think 2 a) is ok and easy where it asks about the two types of audiences that would watch the text
but idk about 2b or 2c
kyletipler
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah i'm the same i would struggle with identity but would love gender
kyletipler
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
btw what does mediation mean?? we haven't learned this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.29%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.45%
No, but I want to start (275)
37.36%
No, I am unable to (177)
24.05%
No, I chose not to (205)
27.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise