The Student Room Group

Is anyone on a Pre-Access course?

Hey, I'm starting a Pre-Access course in September as I haven't got my maths GCSE to be able to do the full access, but hoping to get my maths GCSE while on the course. I was just wondering how hard the course is, and if it's a good course to do etc. I do like a challenge so if it IS really hard then that's not a bad thing :smile: Any replies would be much appreciated :biggrin:
Hello! An answer long in waiting, but I'm sure you went ahead and did the course. I have almost finished, so we must have started around the same time

Like you, I didn't get my Maths in year 11 either, but got good grades with everything else. I would say this course is a great warm-up session for those who didn't do well at school, but can also be quite slow-paced. I feel though, that the fact that maths is the only factor stopping someone doing the Access Course is wrong- as the Maths lessons and Pre-Access lessons are done on different days anyway..

But the negatives aside (for people thinking of doing it), it can give you a little bit of an insight/headstart into the topics the Access course you want to do, covers. You can study them, or look up things of relevance- like essays, but without the pressure of having to do one.

How hard do you think it was Laura? It would be quite interesting to see you answer your own question a year later!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Hey!Wow I forgot I even posted this haha.Yeah I’ve been doing the pre-access course and like you, I’ve nearly finished. It’s been a great course and I’ve found that it really has helped me get back into education but not in a way that makes me very stressed. I’m sitting my maths GCSE at the end of this month so wish me luck! I’m glad the course has gone well for you by the way :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending