Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

does anyone think they got any UNEXPECTED marks at all? watch

ReputationRep:
    hi... this is wat happened wit me.. i did my AS levels this year.. i took biology, chemisrty, and maths...
    i studied them hard, n i mean it, am planning to study medicine or architecture in uni. so i know i had to work hard, and i did!! i studied my guts out!! all over the year..!!
    and i thanked god cuz i used to do VERY well in my exams! at least thatz wat i thot!! i used to get out from the examination hall unbelievably HAPPY !!
    i expected an A in Chemistry and in Biology and a B in math!!!
    but instead i got a C in Chem. and a D in both my biology and math!!!!!
    and imagine the shock!! my family ! my teachers! n my frnds!!!
    i got very low marks!! incredibly low!! i got 62/100 in pure 1 n in mech 1 , 37/100 in pure 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not mentioning the rest of the marks!!!!!
    ofcourse ive been in ashock since i got my marks.. when i heard that the board where marking RANDOMLY????? is it true??? i mean how can they do that! we got our future infront of us!!
    plz guyz tell me that am not the only one??? i really worked my ass out this year..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blessed_cursed)
    hi... this is wat happened wit me.. i did my AS levels this year.. i took biology, chemisrty, and maths...
    i studied them hard, n i mean it, am planning to study medicine or architecture in uni. so i know i had to work hard, and i did!! i studied my guts out!! all over the year..!!
    and i thanked god cuz i used to do VERY well in my exams! at least thatz wat i thot!! i used to get out from the examination hall unbelievably HAPPY !!
    i got very low marks!! incredibly low!! i got 62/100 in pure 1 n in mech 1 , 37/100 in pure 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not mentioning the rest of the marks!!!!!
    ofcourse ive been in ashock since i got my marks.. when i heard that the board where marking RANDOMLY????? is it true??? i mean how can they do that! we got our future infront of us!!
    plz guyz tell me that am not the only one??? i really worked my ass out this year..
    What uni were u planning to go to for medicine with 3 AS's?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i came out of all my exams thinkin i had done extremely well and discussed the answers with friends and ukl members and this gave me even more confidence. Yet in about 4 units i came out with relatively low marks, I was not expecting them at all.

I don't know if remarking is the right option 4 me coz i got 4As and they might drop marks instead simply coz i am givin them hassle. Lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil Bhai)
    yeah i came out of all my exams thinkin i had done extremely well and discussed the answers with friends and ukl members and this gave me even more confidence. Yet in about 4 units i came out with relatively low marks, I was not expecting them at all.

I don't know if remarking is the right option 4 me coz i got 4As and they might drop marks instead simply coz i am givin them hassle. Lol :rolleyes:
    lol..joka..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinny2256)
    What uni were u planning to go to for medicine with 3 AS's?
    i meant by goin to medicine school after i finish, the thing is am from Jordan, and i am doing my GCE exams in it, and for the uniz here I will be having a foreign certificate and I have to equivalence it, fp they require 2 Alevels minimum for you both years, i was planning to just finish math in A2, cuz that will be enough to get me to the medicine school.. thats the way it works here.. but now with these marks i cant.. i have to retake them..
    for us here, all the students just sit for their exams, and then they are sent bak to uk, we dont know how do they mark it or wat did we do wrong, we jst get our marks.. thats all...

ReputationRep:
    Same system as here... in Spain... and it happened almost the same to me...
    P1 83/100 and I was expecting 95 (I REALLY THINK I GOT ALL MY ANSWERS RIGHT!!!)
    M1 71/100 (expected 90... the same as maths but couldnt finish a 6 marks question)
    S1 86/100 (expected 65!!!! I did around 70% of this exam randomly coz i just studies for it ONE DAY!!!!!.... I'm so shocked)

ReputationRep:
    You are not the only one who got a shocking set of results...

I got a C in Biology and a C in Psychology...

I thought I did well in my biology exam, coupled with the fact that I got an A in the coursework, I though I was on to get a high B grade... I ended up with a C!

With Psychology, I knew every answer, wrote down all the evaluative points and everything for the exam. I came out thinking that I had got an A, only to find that I had achieved a reeeally average C grade! I was gutted.... I was adament that they had made a mistake with my biology and Psychology...

Can you appeal for a remarking at all, cos I reckon that I had a *****y examiner marking my papaers.... to go from an a in coursework, to a C overall is amazing! I did not find the biology paper or the psychology papers hard at all, and yet I came out with those grades... it was just puzzling, what had I done wrong??

Can I appeal? Or isnt it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    if i were u id wanna c where i went wrong. Get the marked scripts. go overthem with a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    if you guys were expecteing much higher grades i think go ahead and talk to your teachers, and call back your exam papers so you can see where youve gone wrong. aSk for a remark if ure really sure theres something wrong, u havent got anything to lose really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theepw)
    You are not the only one who got a shocking set of results...

I got a C in Biology and a C in Psychology...

I thought I did well in my biology exam, coupled with the fact that I got an A in the coursework, I though I was on to get a high B grade... I ended up with a C!

With Psychology, I knew every answer, wrote down all the evaluative points and everything for the exam. I came out thinking that I had got an A, only to find that I had achieved a reeeally average C grade! I was gutted.... I was adament that they had made a mistake with my biology and Psychology...

Can you appeal for a remarking at all, cos I reckon that I had a *****y examiner marking my papaers.... to go from an a in coursework, to a C overall is amazing! I did not find the biology paper or the psychology papers hard at all, and yet I came out with those grades... it was just puzzling, what had I done wrong??

Can I appeal? Or isnt it worth it?

i have no idea if it's worth it or not?? and i dnt know if i can do it from here?? i hv no idea.. but i really think its unfair. sum students that i thot will fail in my class actually got more than i got! which made me more SHOCKED.. people who got Dz and Uz in their workcourse got more than i did! and thats when i got Az n Bz in mine! but i still dnt kno if we can appeal??? can anyone tell us plz?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzie)
    if you guys were expecteing much higher grades i think go ahead and talk to your teachers, and call back your exam papers so you can see where youve gone wrong. aSk for a remark if ure really sure theres something wrong, u havent got anything to lose really!
    can it be done?? i mean am not in UK am in jordan?? so i was wondering can i call bak my exam paper? and they'll send it ???

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure form jordan, but remarking does happen here.
    Try contacting the examining board in some way?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure form jordan, but remarking does happen here.
    Try contacting the examining board in some way?
    i'll see my headteacher.. thx alot !! i really appreciate it !! thx again!

ReputationRep:
    i'll see my headteacher.. thx alot !! i really appreciate it !! thx again!
    No worries, i dont know how much it will help tho...ure welcome neways!
    yay my 200th post!

ReputationRep:
    No worries, i dont know how much it will help tho...ure welcome neways!
    yay my 200th post!
    congratez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hehe I got 29 in p2...*LOL*dude you beat me with *counting on hands* 8 marks,anyway I did expect an atleast a B in chem and I got a C,what a shame ,

ReputationRep:
    I got higher than expected. I guessed nearly every answer on the chemistry synoptic multiple choice, and got 77/90, which helped me get an unexpected A overall. Sweet

ReputationRep:
    I did better than i thought which is good but then again i find that if i think iv done really good, then i dnt do as well and vice versa. However, before asking for a remark it is better to get a photocopy of your paper from the exam board and discuss it with ur teacher to see where you went wrong. Because if you just get a remark they could give a lower grade. Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.