The Student Room Group

OCR Biology B1 B2 B3 16th May 2017 ANSWERS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alectoholmes
For the food chain calculation percentage I think I put 0.2%, for the Caucasians I put I think 12% and for the Hispanics I got 20% so 400 people.

I am fairly sure that these match my answers too.😀
Which board is this?
Original post by DD2508
What did everyone say for the ocean pH question?

Carbon dioxide decreases the pH. The greater the decrease, the more CO2. The more CO2, the faster the rate of global warming as CO2 is a greenhouse gas
Isn't that exam on the 24th? :s-smilie:
Is this OCR 21st century?
OCR gateway?
Original post by Becca2000
I am fairly sure that these match my answers too.😀

I added two numbers for the Caucasion one.... I'm getting stressed now.
Original post by danielwinstanley
I added two numbers for the Caucasion one.... I'm getting stressed now.

So did I... 12 + 5 = 17%
Original post by alwaysconfused:
So did I... 12 + 5 = 17%

I think I did that! I added the last two white bars. Hoping it's right
Reply 29
Original post by matthewparker34
I said pH could rise due to acidic gases such as sulfur dioxide, which comes from coal buring power stations, which release greenhouse gases, which cause the greenhouse effect and therefore global warming. Why I didn't just talk about CO2 I will never know.

Thats what I wrote too... do you think its a possible correct answer???
It's actually 17% for the caucasians

I did this too and by adding 12 and 5 but then i realised this was too easy so i added all the white bars which added up to 100. Then i did 100\100 which gives you 1% and then multiplied by 17 which gave 17%. So either way i got 17% don't know how people got 12% though.
Reply 32
Original post by DD2508
What did everyone say for the ocean pH question?
I think the answer to this was in the question - at the top around the phytoplankton description there was a statement that carbon dioxide dissolved in water caused a decrease in ocean pH. Therefore a low pH in water would indicate a high level of carbon dioxide, which is a greenhouse gas and contributes to the greenhouse effect due to the correlation between increase of CO2 and temperature.
I wrote water vapour is a greenhouse gas so more water vapour means increased greenhouse effect. This means more water to react with sulfur and nitrogen dioxide to produce acid rain. This decreases pH of the water.

Probably horrifically wrong, but it seemed logical in the exam.

In the question it said that carbon dioxide decreases the pH of water so I think you had to explain how if the pH is low so its strongly acidic then that means the water is very polluted with carbon dioxide increasing the rate of the greenhouse effect. But idk....
What was the answers to the tickbox about how Phytoplankton remove CO2 in the sea?
Original post by Daydreamer3
In the question it said that carbon dioxide decreases the pH of water so I think you had to explain how if the pH is low so its strongly acidic then that means the water is very polluted with carbon dioxide increasing the rate of the greenhouse effect. But idk....

I didn't have time to fully read though - I was rushing so I scanned it. Technically, I might get like 1/3 for it so all good.

The question asked how many not the percentage. And if you added the bars to get you get 13%+7% which is 20 and then you found 20% of 2000 so the answer was 400.
The question asked how many not the percentage. And if you added the bars to get you get 13%+7% which is 20 and then you found 20% of 2000 so the answer was 400.

The first question was asking for a percentage though and the answer was 17%.
Original post by tanisha04
The first question was asking for a percentage though and the answer was 17%.

Ohh sorry lol wrong question. And yeah the answer was 17% for that question, that was pretty straightforward and easy.
Yeah I got 17% but most people are saying it was 12%. Feeling confident now

Ohh sorry lol wrong question. And yeah the answer was 17% for that question, that was pretty straightforward and easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending