EvaaFaith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello!

So my friend studying the same course as me has just realised she needs to retake her GCSE Science to be able to get into a PGCE course.

We have just finished our second year of uni studying BA Early Childhood Studies and are looking at applying for a PGCE. She is really stressing out so I wondered if anyone had any advice or help on how to go about doing this.

We found out she can re-sit the exam in Jan 2018 or June 2018 and hopefully still get conditional offers based on her grade.

What I'm looking to find out for her is: how does she go about re-sitting just one alevel, so does she enrol for that exam via the exam board or the school? Is this possible? Also, will she still be able to apply for PGCE courses if she can prove she is going to re-sit?

Any advice or help would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EvaaFaith)
Hello!

So my friend studying the same course as me has just realised she needs to retake her GCSE Science to be able to get into a PGCE course.

We have just finished our second year of uni studying BA Early Childhood Studies and are looking at applying for a PGCE. She is really stressing out so I wondered if anyone had any advice or help on how to go about doing this.

We found out she can re-sit the exam in Jan 2018 or June 2018 and hopefully still get conditional offers based on her grade.

What I'm looking to find out for her is: how does she go about re-sitting just one alevel, so does she enrol for that exam via the exam board or the school? Is this possible? Also, will she still be able to apply for PGCE courses if she can prove she is going to re-sit?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, it is possible to take a single GCSE. Your friend will need to find a school that is willing to accept her as a private candidate (essentially somewhere to sit the exam). She will need to register via the school, more information about the process here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/student-suppor...tries-and-fees

If your friend didn't want to wait until next year and they felt able to take the GCSE this year, they could take an IGCSE (International GCSE) in November.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EvaaFaith)
Hello!

Thanks in advance!
You might want to post this elsewhere, this is the forum for those wanting to study politics at university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads