Geographyexams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How did you think the geography exam went today, I answered contemporary urban environments and water and carbon cycles. I thought the 9 marker was awful for contemporary.
shaniahconnor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did hazards and water and carbon cycle and the 9 marker on hazards was horrible too!
chariselizabeth
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hated the question that was like 'do changes in the carbon cycle effect the severity of storms' or something.
Mathsenthused
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did hazards and coasts. I agree that the 9 marker in Hazards was bad. Coasts seemed ok though.
shaniahconnor
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So did i, that question was horrid
Beng$$$
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did coasts rivers health and population thought the 15 markers for health and population were worded badly
chariselizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is anybody doing Changing Places on Friday? I'm using snaprevise to help me and it's all just repeating itself over and over again
Mathsenthused
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by chariselizabeth)
Is anybody doing Changing Places on Friday? I'm using snaprevise to help me and it's all just repeating itself over and over again
Yeah I am, I really struggle with this topic. Hoping for a miracle...
chariselizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mathsenthused)
Yeah I am, I really struggle with this topic. Hoping for a miracle...
It's honestly the most pointless topic ever. I feel like my qualification (if i get one from this) is just going to be a waste of time..
XXDEVILXX
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hated the question that was like 'do changes in the carbon cycle effect the severity of storms' or something.
i talked about tropical storms and condensation nuclei-couldn't think of anything else
what did you write?
chariselizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by XXDEVILXX)
i talked about tropical storms and condensation nuclei-couldn't think of anything else
what did you write?
Oh god. I wrote about how an excess amount of carbon released in the atmosphere leads to a rise in temperature as radiation waves into the earth increase which then melts glaciers which then leads to an increase in evaporation because of higher sea levels and a higher temperature which leads to more precipitation and then flooding.. Long winded but I had no idea what else to write.
XXDEVILXX
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh god. I wrote about how an excess amount of carbon released in the atmosphere leads to a rise in temperature as radiation waves into the earth increase which then melts glaciers which then leads to an increase in evaporation because of higher sea levels and a higher temperature which leads to more precipitation and then flooding.. Long winded but I had no idea what else to write.
good,what did you write for the 20 marker?
chariselizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by XXDEVILXX)
good,what did you write for the 20 marker?
I used the river tweed case study and wrote about impermeable surfaces, irrigation and compaction of land from animals.
XXDEVILXX
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thats actually quite good-i couldn't remember any case studies so i used amazon rainforest as a river catchment case study,talked about urbanisation,land-use change and deforestation.i think i should get marks for that.
Mathsenthused
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's honestly the most pointless topic ever. I feel like my qualification (if i get one from this) is just going to be a waste of time..
I was going to take 4 a-levels but while I enjoy the subject I don't get on with some of the spec. It's more important to me that I pass psychology which I want to do at Uni. (The psych teacher is useless. Not doing AS but a hasnt even finished the AS course andthe exam for some of my friends is on Monday.....)
chariselizabeth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Mathsenthused)
I was going to take 4 a-levels but while I enjoy the subject I don't get on with some of the spec. It's more important to me that I pass psychology which I want to do at Uni. (The psych teacher is useless. Not doing AS but a hasnt even finished the AS course andthe exam for some of my friends is on Monday.....)
My teachers have just told me to aim for an E this year and that they'll help me work towards my A next year. We have to pass at least 3 subjects to carry on into year 13 so
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (53)
24.09%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.64%