Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My messed up situation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay this is how it stands I'v just returned from Saudi Arabia (on Sataurday morning) got my results
    Law 90/90 and 120/120 = 'A' Great
    Critical thinking= 'B' okay
    Computing= 'B' Bad but still on target
    Accounts = 'C' **** iv messed up my a levels got a U in one of my papers.

But I was only two marks off in Accounts so only two marks away from my firm choice, i didn't have an insurance(long story don't bother asking), Birmingham said sorry no place even, so i have to go through clearing and nearly all the half decent unis have been taken up, my question is what are my options now can i get my paper remarked and hope to be two marks up. Would Birmingham have to let me in then if not what are my options ??

Please any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Why do u do those grade F A levels? Where's the maths, physics and chemistry? No wonder A grades go up severely every year. God Im soo angry at this null A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    can i get my paper remarked and hope to be two marks up. Would Birmingham have to let me in then if not what are my options ??

Please any help would be appreciated
    If you can get it remarked and achieve the extra 2 marks, then yes Birmingham have to take you. You must get confirmation of your results to Birmingham by August 31st. That is probably now not enough time to get them remarked.

You could ask birmingham to defer your place, requesting a conditional offer on the qualification you slipped on. If you can get a remark over the year to achieve that then fine, if not you will have to re-sit the papers

Birmingham must take you if you meet the requirements by August 31st. If you have not met the grades by then they will have every right in rejecting you.

Birmingham have no obligation to defer your place, but it would seem the logical thing to do from both sides. They made a conditional offer before, so would be likely to make one again. Its easier from everyones point of view to defer your current offer as opposed to you re-applying through UCAS.

If you cannot get the paper remarked in time, or the remark is not favourable to you then your options are clearing, persuading birmingham to defer, re-applying next year, or not going to university.

ReputationRep:
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinny2256)
    Why do u do those grade F A levels? Where's the maths, physics and chemistry? No wonder A grades go up severely every year. God Im soo angry at this null A levels.
    what does that mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinny2256)
    A lot of the time the whole 'easy A-level' thing is a myth made up by losers like yourself to make excuses for results which may not be as good. I have friends that did so called easy a-levels and the more traditional ones. A lot of the time they claimed there was very little difference in difficulty between them.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.