Why was charles darwin drawn as a monkey?

Watch
School_ftw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Many people are debating/making claims about why the stupid question that was in AQA's 2017 B1 paper today. Although it was only 1 mark, I would like to say my opinion about the answer that I think to be correct.

My answer, was because his theory went against the idea, that all animals were created by God - so this depicted him as crazy and ridiculous.

Many people are saying that it was because we humans evolved from monkeys/apes, and this may well be correct - but I used a different answer. There is the explicit point "Darwin's theory went against the idea that god created all animals" is in the syllabus, in B1.4 (I think). Look at the following links, it says in both that Darwin was drawn as an ape/monkey, to expose him to ridicule:

http://www.creatingmycambridge.com/h...harles-darwin/
https://therealweeklyshow.wordpress....win-as-an-ape/

I'm not saying that I am right, I am simply providing an alternative answer that has some evidence for it. The idea that all humans evolved from monkeys could be correct, I'm not denying that. But I think that this answer is a likely correct one, due to the fact that it is an explicit point in the syllabus - and the picture was originally made to make Darwin look ridiculous.
Jack_Shio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I believe (my answer was) that it was because Darwin proposed that humans evolved from a common ancestor to apes. NOT EVOLVED FROM APES, FROM A COMMON ANCESTOR! - To be Clear.
ExamQueen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This paper was so unfair! ALL the questions were about plants!!! I revised everything BUT plants!!!! It's not fair! The 6 marker was rubbish as well 😭😭
ExamQueen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But its not even fair because why would we ever choose to revise charles darwin looking like a monkey?
Fractite
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This question was a bit like the independent business question from last year.
DaringDaniel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No you are correct he was ridiculed religion the reason. Not that I did the exam I'm in year 13.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.69%
I'm not sure (40)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.04%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.32%

Watched Threads