Olliepotts777
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
How did you all find it? We all found very hard especially how we all revised loads and usually hit A*s?
sydxwood
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Found it hard but not too bad - hopefully the grade boundaries will be quite low
username3150658
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So hard. 😞
xx_sarah_xxoo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So hard, What answers did u guys put it?
?Hannah?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xx_sarah_xxoo)
So hard, What answers did u guys put it?
For the thing about bubbles, I put that it enables the mineral ions to move around the beaker and to the roots so that they can be absorbed etc

For the thing about the cardboard, I said that it mimics the conditions roots would experience in the ground as light is blocked

For all the questions about the leaves in light and dark areas, i just said that the dark leaves would get more light due to the adaptations and explained it more

Photosynthesis in morning factors
- Temp and light intensity low as sun is not at highest point in sky etc. Slower rate of photosynthesis

Photosynthesis in afternoon factors
- Temp and light intensity higher as sun is at highest point and intense. Faster rate of photosynthesis basically and did more explanation

Carbon dioxide levels remain constant for both

The question about fungi decomposing wood:
- i spoke about saprotrophic nutrition and stuff like that

I mucked up by bar graph a bit because the scale was awkward and I didn't know we needed to know structure of neurone so I didn't revise it, which meant I didn't know direction of nerve impulses. However, I remembered the labels and knew how it was involved in relflex arc

Differences between chemical and electrical coordination:

- Sending messages via electrical impulses is faster than sending messages through chemicals (hormones)
- Hormones are carried through blood and electrical impulses through nerves
- Then i just stated that electrical coordination happens through electrical impulses and chemical coordination occurs through hormones being released
Spurling
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For no 1 I saidtracheaBronchusBronchioles
Spurling
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For no 1 I saidtracheaBronchusBronchioles
ai345
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
so difficult, question about the lungs and the tree
Iloves
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the visking tube question, what did you guys write for "what biotic variables should be controlled". I don't know if that was the exact question, but it was something like that.
Chelsea69
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the lipids question I said the greasy spot test making a translucent mark
Olliepotts777
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chelsea69)
For the lipids question I said the greasy spot test making a translucent mark
I just put the lipid test. On the spec we didn't have to know that. Just a stupid exam.
Olliepotts777
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iloves)
For the visking tube question, what did you guys write for "what biotic variables should be controlled". I don't know if that was the exact question, but it was something like that.
I put the same species of plant...
Spurling
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 8

Gg

And 25%
eesaali128
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Olliepotts777)
I just put the lipid test. On the spec we didn't have to know that. Just a stupid exam.
lol i put iodine haha
Tommaberjones
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Question One was Trachea, Bronchus and Bronchioles

6CO2 + 6H2O = 6O2 + C6H12O6 Photosythesis Equation

Leaves in the light are thicker as they have a thicker cuticle and longer palisade cells, and sometimes several layers of palisade cells.

The Neurone was a Motor Neurone and Structure A was a Nucleus and Structure B was an Axon
Fungi are Saprotrophic. Fungi break down the cellulose to glucose using their enzymes which can penetrate the wood by their hyphae.The wood starts to rot inside with a brown or white colour
Spurling
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Olliepotts777)
I put the same species of plant...
Same
Tommy Tenenbaum
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did measure increase in volume within the measuring cylinder after 3 minutes- see what was greater then measurement increase with the bile, and the measurement without. Lipids cannot pass through the tube whereas fatty acid and glycerol can therefore you measure the rate and see if it is faster rate with the bile
Tommaberjones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the Pedigree Chart, I put 10 with X and Y chromosome and 4 which are homozygous for the recessive allele.
For the Quadrat Question, I put 8 of those plants which was 0.22. I then put 4 Squares the other plant covered which was 11%
Tommy Tenenbaum
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And for the neurons it was a motor neurone Therefore transfer an electrical impulse to an effector muscle causing a reactions such as contraction of muscles
Tommaberjones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For the Quadrat Method, I did random sampling strategy with lots of Quadrats.Count the number of plants in a small area of the field and take an average and finally multiply the average by the total area of the large field
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads