The Student Room Group

GCSE EDEXCEL ICT UNIT 1 EXAM 17th MAY 2017

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has any predictions for the exam that is tomorrow. Also, this could be a place to share information and answers for after the exam, if need be 😊
Original post by Dk15164
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has any predictions for the exam that is tomorrow. Also, this could be a place to share information and answers for after the exam, if need be 😊

hey, these are my predictions for tomorrow:
net neutrality
VR and the Virtual world
wearables
smart(stuff) eg tvs watches etc
cable types eg hdmi, ethernet etc
vlogging

hope that helped and good luck for tomorrow!:wink:
Reply 2
Original post by WildFlower'sSong
net neutrality
VR and the Virtual world
wearables
vlogging

Thank you for those predictions! I'm sure they'll help. Thank you - good luck to you too for tomorrow 😊
Mostly moder issues or evennts such as virtual reality etc. if you dnt mind me sking, what did u get in ourework and what is ur overall target?
Original post by WildFlower'sSong
net neutrality
VR and the Virtual world
wearables
vlogging

Hi, i was wondering what different types of cable we have to know about? I've looked in the revision guide and all i can find is ethernet and HDMI cables...

thanks
Guys how important is the technology update? And are you just supposed to research the stuff in it?
Reply 6
Original post by AhmarIT
Mostly moder issues or evennts such as virtual reality etc. if you dnt mind me sking, what did u get in ourework and what is ur overall target?

Oh right okay, thank you. Of course, I don't mind. Before it was sent off for moderation, I got 70/80 (A*) for my coursework and my overall target is A/A* 😊
Reply 7
Original post by THE END786
Guys how important is the technology update? And are you just supposed to research the stuff in it?

I'd say it's quite important because my ICT teacher says the paper is written by Christmas and the context in it is written based on recent events. I'd probably research a little bit about it, as it can be quite helpful and informative. I wouldn't stress too much about it, as I've not seen it in the revision guide (or specification, although I've not looked at it properly) 😊
Everyone is so clueless about what's going to come up man.
Original post by Dk15164
Oh right okay, thank you. Of course, I don't mind. Before it was sent off for moderation, I got 70/80 (A*) for my coursework and my overall target is A/A* 😊

I got 69/80 and the jokes were not worth being one mark off of an A* :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by Samosa and Vada
Everyone is so clueless about what's going to come up man.

That's true. But we can still guess things e.g. new technologies such as virtual reality etc.
Reply 11
Original post by THE END786
I got 69/80 and the jokes were not worth being one mark off of an A* :frown:

Well done! That's really good! You never know, the grade boundary for it might become lower this year. Even if they don't, you're taking an A (60%) into the exam, so do your best in the exam and you'll be alright 😊
Original post by Dk15164
Well done! That's really good! You never know, the grade boundary for it might become lower this year. Even if they don't, you're taking an A (60%) into the exam, so do your best in the exam and you'll be alright 😊

Yeah, I am happy it's just that I'm hoping for an A* overall but the exam is where I'm weak at. I haven't helped myself by cramming XD

Quick Reply

Latest