The Student Room Group

AQA Accounting ACCN3 and ACCN4- June 2017

Scroll to see replies

Question 1 was OK but it took me ages to get my head around.
Schedule of NCA wasn't awful and to me that was the hardest concept to get my head around when I was revising.
But WTF was with the capital accounts?? I had no idea what to go with goodwill - I initially put it in as normal with brackets and then I took it out completely after it said that goodwill shouldn't be in the accounts - regretting this decision now.

Gutted as I need an A to get into Uni.
Hopefully ACCN4 is better.
Original post by axc5
Which paper do you guys generally find easier?
ACCN3 or ACCN4?

100% ACCN4 , so much easier to learn
Original post by EmmaBowdenx
Question 1 was OK but it took me ages to get my head around.
Schedule of NCA wasn't awful and to me that was the hardest concept to get my head around when I was revising.
But WTF was with the capital accounts?? I had no idea what to go with goodwill - I initially put it in as normal with brackets and then I took it out completely after it said that goodwill shouldn't be in the accounts - regretting this decision now.

Gutted as I need an A to get into Uni.
Hopefully ACCN4 is better.

When it says it not in the books of accounts you put it in the capital account , if it's in he book of accounts it goes in non current assets as a intangible assets
Original post by axc5
Which paper do you guys generally find easier?
ACCN3 or ACCN4?

ACCN3 because I hate the theory in ACCN4
Reply 184
I don't think that could of went much worse
For the capital account were we expect to do it for all partners or just the one retiring?
Original post by Archie69
For the capital account were we expect to do it for all partners or just the one retiring?

I did all, but I hate how they give a layout for all the questions but that one
GUYS! because the partnership doesn't use current accounts, were you meant to put things such as salary, interest on capital, and share of profits in to the capital account????
This paper couldn't of gone worse for me! I panicked and screwed up the first question and partnership one. Plus I need a A for uni!! Ahhh! I got A and B in AS but if I got a low C/ D and work really hard for unit 4? Do you think it might average to B? Hoping grade boundaries are low this year :/
Original post by HUSSAIHA15
For the net book values I got 788900, 160500, 25492.8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same. But it shouldn't be a decimal. My teacher said always said that it will not be a decimal answer in the exam. Sigh.. wish the ans is a decimal
Original post by HUSSAIHA15
For the net book values I got 788900, 160500, 25492.8

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didn't get decimals but i'm pretty sure i ****ed it up somehow
Original post by huilamtang
I got the same. But it shouldn't be a decimal. My teacher said always said that it will not be a decimal answer in the exam. Sigh.. wish the ans is a decimal

Why would it not be a decimal in an exam? Plenty of past papers have had decimals.
Reply 192
For the Trade receivable and trade payables on question 1b did you have to put closing inventory
Reply 193
Original post by Marcusking
For the schedule of non current assets, the middle column for the remaining useful life I got 38 years and a long ass decimal but when I worked it out, it worked perfectly for the figure is that right?

I don't think it would be 38 years it didn't say how long they was in the bussines for
Well that paper was shocking, I've already got my excuses lined up
•Fasting during the exam
•3 hours sleep the night before
•9 hours sleep in 2 days
•Worst of all, the exam room wasn't even silent, all I could hear was high school kids screaming and shouting not as if that person will shout me 'why accounting records need to be done'
Original post by hollykos
GUYS! because the partnership doesn't use current accounts, were you meant to put things such as salary, interest on capital, and share of profits in to the capital account????

That's what I did, but I ****ED that paper so bad, didn't even do question 1 because I was panicking so I can't promise it's correct
Original post by haroon.shabir
Well that paper was shocking, I've already got my excuses lined up
•Fasting during the exam
•3 hours sleep the night before
•9 hours sleep in 2 days
•Worst of all, the exam room wasn't even silent, all I could hear was high school kids screaming and shouting not as if that person will shout me 'why accounting records need to be done'

Same. Had a headache and the first question made it 10x worse.
Lets just pray that accn4 is some sort of miracle.
Just to check how did u do the first question?
I did gross profit /25 x 100 to get cogs
Then cogs /10 to get average inventory
Then opening inventory - average inventory x 2 . to get the difference then
Opening inventory plus difference to get closing inventory
Then I added drawing, returns out and closing inventory to cogs and then took away opening inventory to get purchases .
Second question I took cash sale away from the sales figure I worked out (gross plus cogs) to get credit sales placed it into trade receivables t account balanced smashed it into current asset . attempted to do the same with trade payable but my mind went blank for some reason idk why but I thought my purchases on credit was too big compared to bank so the brought down would be on the wrong side . my calculations where right just I was being stupid so I left it out . I think that was how u where meant to do the first two questions I messed everything else up in the paper like the NCA register .
Original post by BintM
Same. Had a headache and the first question made it 10x worse.
Lets just pray that accn4 is some sort of miracle.

I'm surprised I didn't fall asleep mid exam.
Original post by haroon.shabir
I'm surprised I didn't fall asleep mid exam.

How did you find the exam?
If i fell asleep or didn't it wouldnt have made a difference i still failed it 😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending