The Student Room Group

Is it a good idea to meet a guy from online in person?

I've been speaking to this guy online for about 3 years. He's 10 years older than me.
We first started talking when I was 16 and he was 26. Now I'm 19, he's 29 and he wants to meet me in a hotel room. He's planning to come down from where he lives and get a hotel room.
I'm really excited because I love him.

But I wanted to know if I'm making a good choice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I love him.

You love him, but have never met him and are unsure if to meet him at a hotel?

Great brain you got there.
Reply 2
No.
Meet in the hotel room meaning its just sex?
Maybe meet up for the first time and go for a meal or cinema.

alone first time you meet... thats how people get murdered.
Your technically an adult, so nobody can tell you what and what not to do, however even if you do love him lots you can never be too safe for meeting the first time, I would meet in a really public place like a mall or a restaurant for the first time since you don't fully know somebody until you meet them for the first time.
lol I doubt he's meeting you in a hotel room to exchange pleasantries and see the person behind 10 years of conversation. He probs want to bang on the first date
Lol nah, people online turn out to be way different in real life than what theyre like on social media, its easy to be nice online then a complete dick in person.

also, he just wants to bang you, he's not in it for anything else lol, ive learnt this the hard way
You're better off meeting in public. I met someone online in person about 7 years ago. We just went for a walk and talked.
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Hell to the no.
Ghost this guy and cut contact, meeting up in the first place?! but in a hotel room? How was a 26 year old comfortable with messaging a 16 year old?
This is crazy don't go. Love him? Don't blame me if u get murdered, raped or some other kind of crazy thing by this weird creepy guy.
How did he start messaging you?

I totally agree with this lmao if this guy was genuine he wouldn't ask to meet her in a hotel room that's dodgy as ****
Meeting isn't a bad idea, but choosing to do it alone and in a hotel room isn't the best idea. Make sure you are in a public place just in case it gets out of hand. I met my boyfriend for the first time with my parents. We have been together for nearly 4 years now!
Reply 9
Original post by TheProphetsPath
Hell to the no.
Ghost this guy and cut contact, meeting up in the first place?! but in a hotel room? How was a 26 year old comfortable with messaging a 16 year old?
This is crazy don't go. Love him? Don't blame me if u get murdered, raped or some other kind of crazy thing by this weird creepy guy.
How did he start messaging you?

On a social messaging site for teens. It's been taken down now because of dodgy people.
Reply 10
Well he clearly wants to just have sex with you so do you want that?
Really, I would suggest meeting up in a public place a couple times first just for safety reasons.
You don't just casually meet new people in hotel rooms unless you there to bang.
Dated a guy online, he's now my Fiancé and I'll be moving in with him.And marrying later this year. He came to the UK from America, booked a hotel for two for 2 weeks. Overall, paid over 2k to see me. We met at the airport, it was amazing. Spent the 2weeks in a hotel, lovely. Of course, we were intimate too. Obviously, you have to expect to get intimate if you're staying together in a hotel. If that's not what you want. BRING IT UP. You do NOT want to be forced to do things. You have to responsible, you're an adult. You have to talk about it. It's a dangerous choice, my parents thought my choice was dangerous too. But it was definetly not and so worth it. I'm also 19, like you. If you trust this man and want to risk it go. But please, keep the consequences in mind...and talk to him about the intimate thing. If not, ask for a separate hotel room. Do not get yourself harmed. Be careful and take care of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending